The 100 best football players in the world 2023: Super Eagles duo Osimhen and Boniface make listPublished: December 22, 2023
FourFourTwo have released their rankings of the 100 best football players in the world for the year 2023 with two Super Eagles players making the list.
Napoli superstar Victor Osimhen and Bayer Leverkusen striker Victor Boniface who have scored 53 goals between them in the 2023 calendar year have made the cut.
Nearly all the big names you'd expect to be in the list have been included, whether it is Karim Benzema who is ranked 96th or Lionel Messi who is in sixth place.
Victor Boniface has been placed in number 80 and ranked higher than Sergio Busquets, Micky van de Ven, Olivier Giroud, Enzo Fernandez, Serhou Guirassy, Christoper Nkunku, Raheem Sterling and Federico Valverde.
African Footballer of the Year Osimhen was surprisingly ranked 14th, with Kevin De Bruyne, and two players of Nigerian descent Jamal Musiala and Bukayo Saka placed ahead of him in the rankings.
The highest ranked player is none other than Manchester City striker Erling Haaland, with Jude Bellingham and Harry Kane completing the podium places.
On Osimhen, FourFourTwo wrote: "For all the speed and the spark, watching Osimhen over the past 12 months or so has been like watching football in slow motion: you can see exactly what's about to happen with a drop of his shoulder or a swing of his leg. He's terrorised defences."
And on Boniface, they wrote: "The Nigerian is perfect for his manager, offering the physicality and presence up front that enables the German side to bully teams in the final third. Nigeria have one hell of an attack when this guy is your Plan B…"
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'One of our best players' - Leicester coach provides injury update on Super Eagles midfielder Ndidi
- Premier League and Serie A calling: Is it time for Boniface to bid farewell to Bayer Leverkusen?
- Super Eagles duo Iwobi, Bassey hoping Fulham can hurt Man Utd for the first time in nineteen games
- Chelsea post scouts to run the rule over Osimhen in Napoli's 1-1 draw against Barcelona
- Super Eagles centre-back resumes training at Boavista after contracting malaria at AFCON
- 'I don't care about anything, just to score' - Flying Eagles invitee Joseph says he models game after Haaland
- Gabriel Osho: Three reasons Nigerian Federation should make another move for Luton Town CB
- Why William Troost-Ekong shone in AFCON 2023
- Nigerian football stars to watch out for
- Game changers: Three Indomitable Lionesses players Super Falcons must be wary of in Olympic qualifiers
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football