'Tony is a very respected person here' - Trabzonspor boss confirms talks with 2017 Super Eagles inviteePublished: December 24, 2023
Speaking after his side's 1-1 draw with Basaksehir FK, Trabzonspor boss Abdullah Avcı has confirmed that the club is exploring ways to sign 2017 Super Eagles invitee Anthony Nwakaeme ahead of the January transfer window.
The experienced winger may be returning to Trabzonspor for a second spell after leaving the Turkish Super Lig side to join Saudi Arabian team Al Fayha in August 2022.
Nwakaeme was linked with a return to Trabzonspor at the start of the 2023-2024 season but a transfer did not happen.
The 34-year-old has played under the current Trabzonspor coach in the past, registering 36 goal involvements in 65 appearances across two seasons before moving on to pastures new.
Asked about transfer target Nwakaeme, Abdullah Avcı was quoted as saying by Milliyet: "I am someone who has been in contact with Tony after I left here, in the summer and after I came here.
"Tony is a very respected person here. Regardless of who it is, Tony or anyone else, if something will happen in the interests of Trabzonspor, we can evaluate it. Tony is someone we are in contact with."
Nwakaeme has not figured for Al Fayha since December 1 as he is undergoing rehabilitation after suffering an injury.
The former Hapoel Beer Sheva and Hapoel Raanana man is under contract with Al Fayha until June 2024.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- First Premier League call-up: 15yo son of ex-Super Eagles striker could make Wolves history in Newcastle
- Ex-Barcelona midfielder believes Zirkzee fully deserves to be named in Netherlands provisional squad
- 17 goal involvements in 24 games: Rangers striker Dessers explains why he's flourishing under Clement
- Struggling for game time at loan club: Super Eagles-eligible midfielder back playing for Man Utd U21s
- Everton, Crystal Palace or Nottingham Forest: Which club would suit Super Eagles midfielder Onyedika best?
- PL2: Nwaneri scores pick of the goals but misses penalty as Arsenal come from behind to beat Chelsea
- Tottenham hold advantage over Man Utd in race for Dutch-Nigerian striker
- Will Jose Peseiro's exit derail Super Eagles path to 2026 World Cup?
- Confirmed team news: Ndidi starts partial training at Leicester but ruled out of QPR clash
- Tottenham coach provides update on Nigeria-eligible fullback ahead of London derby
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football