'More powerful and dribbles more often' - Bayer chief highlights qualities of Super Eagles striker BonifacePublished: January 05, 2024
Bayer Leverkusen managing director Simon Rolfes highlighted the qualities of Victor Boniface as he compared the similarities between the former Royale Union Saint-Gilloise star and fit-again Czech Republic national teamer Patrik Schick.
Boniface is currently away on international duty with the Super Eagles in the United Arab Emirates, where the national team is holding a training camp before the Africa Cup of Nations kicks off next weekend.
If Nigeria go all the way and advance to the final, Bayer Leverkusen manager Xabi Alonso will not be able to count on the services of Boniface for six matches, including the showdown with Bayern Munich on February 10.
Schick is expected to step into the shoes of Boniface for the period the Nigerian is with his national team at the Africa Cup of Nations.
Since the end of November, Schick has proved his injury problems are behind him having scored six goals in all competitions.
Commenting on Boniface and Schick, Rolfes said to Kicker: "Both are strong goal scorers who are also able to develop our attacking game and play an active role.
"Due to their physical constitution, they naturally act differently. Boni is more powerful and dribbles more often, while Patrik is in the box has a very high quality finish and a little more combined. We are very happy with both."
Boniface has made a splash since his arrival in Germany with 24 goal involvements in 23 all-competition appearances for Bayer Leverkusen and has been named Rookie of the Month in four consecutive months.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- First Premier League call-up: 15yo son of ex-Super Eagles striker could make Wolves history in Newcastle
- Ex-Barcelona midfielder believes Zirkzee fully deserves to be named in Netherlands provisional squad
- 17 goal involvements in 24 games: Rangers striker Dessers explains why he's flourishing under Clement
- Struggling for game time at loan club: Super Eagles-eligible midfielder back playing for Man Utd U21s
- Everton, Crystal Palace or Nottingham Forest: Which club would suit Super Eagles midfielder Onyedika best?
- PL2: Nwaneri scores pick of the goals but misses penalty as Arsenal come from behind to beat Chelsea
- Tottenham hold advantage over Man Utd in race for Dutch-Nigerian striker
- Will Jose Peseiro's exit derail Super Eagles path to 2026 World Cup?
- Confirmed team news: Ndidi starts partial training at Leicester but ruled out of QPR clash
- Tottenham coach provides update on Nigeria-eligible fullback ahead of London derby
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football