Official: Tottenham-reared goalkeeper Oluwayemi joins Finnish Veikkausliiga clubPublished: January 12, 2024
With a statement on their official website, Finnish Veikkausliiga club FC Lahti have announced the signing of Tottenham Hotspur academy product Joshua Oluwayemi.
Oluwayemi has joined FC Lahti from EFL League One club Portsmouth and has departed Fratton Park after making a total of nine appearances in which he posted four clean sheets.
Although he was born in the English capital London, he's not really an unknown quantity in these parts as he was invited to the Super Eagles for a friendly against Mexico in July 2021 as back-up goalkeeper to Stanley Nwabili.
Oluwayemi has signed a one-year deal with FC Lahti that will keep him in at the Black Drones until the end of the 2024 season.
He made his senior debut during a loan spell at National League club Maidenhead United in the first half of the 2020-2021 season.
Former Tottenham Hotspur coach Jose Mourinho promoted Oluwayemi to first team training several times in the back end of the 2020-2021 campaign and picked him as the 21st player for the Premier League meeting with Newcastle United at St. James' Park in April 2021.
The Anglo-Nigerian has been described as a goalkeeper who is quick with excellent shot-stopping skills, has good reflexes and good in one-on-one situations.
Oluwayemi will link up with his new teammates at FC Lahti at the end of January.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Everything you need to know about Super Falcons mouthwatering clash against Indomitable Lionesses
- Super Eagles' AFCON star Lookman training on his own ahead of AC Milan v Atalanta
- 'One of our best players' - Leicester coach provides injury update on Super Eagles midfielder Ndidi
- Premier League and Serie A calling: Is it time for Boniface to bid farewell to Bayer Leverkusen?
- Super Eagles duo Iwobi, Bassey hoping Fulham can hurt Man Utd for the first time in nineteen games
- Chelsea post scouts to run the rule over Osimhen in Napoli's 1-1 draw against Barcelona
- Super Eagles centre-back resumes training at Boavista after contracting malaria at AFCON
- 'I don't care about anything, just to score' - Flying Eagles invitee Joseph says he models game after Haaland
- Gabriel Osho: Three reasons Nigerian Federation should make another move for Luton Town CB
- Why William Troost-Ekong shone in AFCON 2023
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football