Official: Olympiakos confirm signing of Reading's Super Eagles-eligible defenderPublished: January 25, 2024
With a statement on their official website, Greek Super League giants Olympiakos have confirmed the signing of Super Eagles-eligible central defender Nelson Abbey.
Abbey has ended his association with Reading after joining Olympiakos on a permanent deal..
The fee paid for the acquisition of Abbey and length of contract have not disclosed by Olympiakos.
Allnigeriasoccer.com exclusively reported six days ago that the 20-year-old turned down a move to Premier League side Luton Town in favour of joining one of the traditional European clubs, Olympiakos.
Abbey made his professional debut for Reading at the age of seventeen and has departed the Royals after playing in thirty-one matches across all competitions.
The English-born central defender has been capped by England at U17 level and has played three games for England Men's Elite League squad since the start of this season.
He was a key member of the Reading side in the first half of the season, captaining the team on several occasions despite his young age.
After nineteen matches in the Greek Super League,Olympiakos sit fourth in table with 38 points, six less than PAOK who lead the way.
Photo Credit: olympiacos.org
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'One of our best players' - Leicester coach provides injury update on Super Eagles midfielder Ndidi
- Premier League and Serie A calling: Is it time for Boniface to bid farewell to Bayer Leverkusen?
- Super Eagles duo Iwobi, Bassey hoping Fulham can hurt Man Utd for the first time in nineteen games
- Chelsea post scouts to run the rule over Osimhen in Napoli's 1-1 draw against Barcelona
- Super Eagles centre-back resumes training at Boavista after contracting malaria at AFCON
- 'I don't care about anything, just to score' - Flying Eagles invitee Joseph says he models game after Haaland
- Gabriel Osho: Three reasons Nigerian Federation should make another move for Luton Town CB
- Why William Troost-Ekong shone in AFCON 2023
- Nigerian football stars to watch out for
- Game changers: Three Indomitable Lionesses players Super Falcons must be wary of in Olympic qualifiers
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football