Hat-trick hero Adebayo, 2021 Super Eagles invitee Olise join Liverpool, Arsenal stars in PL TOTWPublished: February 02, 2024
Nigerian striker Elijah Adebayo and 2021 Super Eagles invitee Michael Olise have been named in whoscored.com's Premier League Team of the Week.
They were named alongside Arsenal striker Gabriel Jesus and Liverpool duo of Conor Bradley and Luis Diaz who impressed in the Reds' victory over Chelsea on Wednesday night at Anfield.
Adebayo bagged three goals for Luton Town in their 4-0 win over Brighton to cement his place in the history of the Hatters as the first player to score a hat-trick for the club in the English topflight in 34 years.
Besides his goals, he also provided a key pass and completed three dribbles to earn a rating of 9.38, the most of any player in the week.
Olise was also in fantastic form for Crystal Palace in their hard-fought 3-2 win over Sheffield United on Tuesday night at Selhurst Park.
He assisted two of the goals which were scored by Eberechi Eze and went on to score the winner in the 67th minute.
The France U21 international earned a rating of 8.64, the most of the three forwards named in the squad.
Liverpool, Crystal Palace, Luton Town, Everton and Newcastle have two players named in the team while Arsenal have one.
Below is the full team:
Goalkeeper: Jordan Pickford(Everton)
Defenders: Conor Bradley(Liverpool), James Tarkowski (Everton), Fabian Schär (Newcastle), Dan Burn( Newcastle)
Midfielders: Elijah Adebayo(Luton Town), Ross Barkley (Luton Town), Eberechi Eze(Crystal Palace)
Forwards: Michael Olise (Crystal Palace), Gabriel Jesus (Arsenal), Luis Díaz (Liverpool)
Photo Credit: cpfc.co.uk
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- First Premier League call-up: 15yo son of ex-Super Eagles striker could make Wolves history in Newcastle
- Ex-Barcelona midfielder believes Zirkzee fully deserves to be named in Netherlands provisional squad
- 17 goal involvements in 24 games: Rangers striker Dessers explains why he's flourishing under Clement
- Struggling for game time at loan club: Super Eagles-eligible midfielder back playing for Man Utd U21s
- Everton, Crystal Palace or Nottingham Forest: Which club would suit Super Eagles midfielder Onyedika best?
- PL2: Nwaneri scores pick of the goals but misses penalty as Arsenal come from behind to beat Chelsea
- Tottenham hold advantage over Man Utd in race for Dutch-Nigerian striker
- Will Jose Peseiro's exit derail Super Eagles path to 2026 World Cup?
- Confirmed team news: Ndidi starts partial training at Leicester but ruled out of QPR clash
- Tottenham coach provides update on Nigeria-eligible fullback ahead of London derby
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football