Nwaneri trains with Arsenal first team ahead of Klopp's final visit to Emirates Stadium as Liverpool coachPublished: February 04, 2024
Manager Mikel Arteta invited England U17 international of Nigerian descent Ethan Nwaneri to train with the first team on Saturday, on the eve of his side's highly anticipated Premier League clash against Liverpool, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
The Gunners had their last preparation at the Emirates Stadium yesterday with the Flying Eagles-eligible attacking midfielder part of the group of players the Spanish football tactician monitored at close quarters.
The matchday 23 fixture between two powerhouses of English football will mark the last time Jurgen Klopp will visit the Emirates Stadium as coach of Liverpool, considering the fact that Arsenal are fighting on two fronts in their quest for silverware this season - the Champions League and Premier League.
The flamboyant German coach has already announced that he will call time on his Liverpool managerial career at the end of the 2023-2024 season after nine years in the dugout.
Nwaneri was named in Arsenal's travelling squad to Nottingham but was omitted from the 20-man gameday squad.
The 16-year-old has climbed the pecking order of midfielders at Arsenal with Ghana star Thomas Partey unavailable for selection due to a muscle issue, and Fabio Vieira rated as doubtful, while Mohamed Elneny recently returned to London after his commitments with Egypt at the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations.
Nwaneri was an unused substitute in Liverpool's 2-0 road win against Arsenal in an Emirates FA Cup clash on January 7, 2024, taking his total first team call ups to four in all competitions so far this season.
Photo Credit: arsenal.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- First Premier League call-up: 15yo son of ex-Super Eagles striker could make Wolves history in Newcastle
- Ex-Barcelona midfielder believes Zirkzee fully deserves to be named in Netherlands provisional squad
- 17 goal involvements in 24 games: Rangers striker Dessers explains why he's flourishing under Clement
- Struggling for game time at loan club: Super Eagles-eligible midfielder back playing for Man Utd U21s
- Everton, Crystal Palace or Nottingham Forest: Which club would suit Super Eagles midfielder Onyedika best?
- PL2: Nwaneri scores pick of the goals but misses penalty as Arsenal come from behind to beat Chelsea
- Tottenham hold advantage over Man Utd in race for Dutch-Nigerian striker
- Will Jose Peseiro's exit derail Super Eagles path to 2026 World Cup?
- Confirmed team news: Ndidi starts partial training at Leicester but ruled out of QPR clash
- Tottenham coach provides update on Nigeria-eligible fullback ahead of London derby
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football