Niger Governor Plans New Stadium ProjectPublished: October 06, 2011
In a bid to enhance sports horizon in Niger State, the Chief Servant of the state, Dr. Mu’azu Babangida Aliyu has concluded plan to construct an ultra modern sports complex that will rank among the best on the continent.
The project which is slated for completion by year 2014 is part of the Governor’s determination to leave a lasting legacy for all Nigerians to see, especially the Niger State people.
"The time has come to build a lasting legacy for current generation and the generations to come in Niger State. We have begun to transform our dreams to reality through our bold actions in the mandate of Vision 3:2020.
''The state of the art sports complex is part of the health and vitality of our "Power State" The Power State’ shall live up to the name; for power is not merely about authority and energy generation, but a virtue that depicts strength, wisdom and responsibility.
''We must invest in the well-being of our people. With these core values, we can empower youth and all the people in our great state to promote leadership, teamwork and health through sports”, said the governor popularly addressed as the Chief Servant.
Considering great sports men and women the state had produced for the country, Dr. Aliyu, who is also the President of Minna Polo Club seems not contented that the state cannot boast of a standard stadium that befits its status.
The proposed stadium according to EURASIA Global Services, that is consulting for Niger State on the project, will be a reference point in terms of its accessibility, architectural design, and environmental friendliness when completed.
Football News 24/7
- EFL Cup: Iheanacho Nets Winning Penalty; Ndidi Rested; Ibe Strikes; Nnamdi In 18; Tomori Shines; Olosunde Missing
- Visa Hitch Stops Chelsea Loanee Omeruo From La Liga Debut Against Barcelona
- Egwuekwe Pens One-Year Al Nasr Deal After Successful Medical, Rejects Kuwaiti & Azerbaijani Clubs
- Chelsea Product Solanke Declared One Hundred Percent Fit To Face Old Club
- Chelsea Legend Zola Names The Gifted Player That Prevented Moses From Starting Vs Man City
- 'Nigerian Iniesta' Ends Speculation Over Future By Signing New CS Sfaxien Contract
- Super Eagles Star Ahmed Musa Is N0.97M Richer After Winning Saudi PL Player Of The Week
- England Call-Up For Leyton Orient's Marvin Ekpiteta, Whose Twin Brother Had Been Targeted By Nigeria
- Injured Nigerian Striker Ruled Out Of Leicester City's League Cup Match Vs Wolves
- Super Eagles Star Alhassan Ibrahim Named In Liga NOS Team Of The Week After Battle Scar
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football