England Confirm Sheyi Ojo Will Not Play Against The Auld Enemy & AndorraPublished: October 01, 2017
The English Football Association has confirmed that Sheyi Ojo has been ruled out of the upcoming 2019 UEFA European Under-21 Championship qualifiers.
Ojo will miss games against Scotland and Andorra in October after suffering an injury in his last game for Fulham in the EFL Championship.
The Liverpool loanee was stretchered off the pitch on Friday night in the Cottagers' 2-1 road win over Bright Osayi-Samuel's Queens Park Rangers, and initial prognosis is that he has dislocated his shoulder, which would keep him on the sidelines for many weeks.
Ojo would have added to his solitary international cap for England U21s which came against Latvia on September 5 if the shoulder injury did not force him to withdraw from the squad.
England will face Scotland at Riverside Stadium, Middlesbrough FC on Friday, October 6 before they travel for another qualifier against Andorra four days later.
Fikayo Tomori (Chelsea), Tammy Abraham (Chelsea), Josh Onomah (Tottenham Hotspur), Ademola Lookman (Everton) and Dominic Solanke (Liverpool) are the players of Nigerian descent named to the U21 roster by manager Aidy Boothroyd
Photo Credit : Twitter.com/sheyi_ojo
- Nottingham Forest fullback joins Super Eagles walking wounded ahead of Saudi Arabia friendly
- A bridge too far: Boniface unsuccessful in attempt to match Helmes feat but helps Bayer set new record
- Put me on the bench: Akpom tells Ajax coach he's unhappy playing as a No. 10 or winger
- 'Wasn't even a foul' - Ex-Liverpool fullback claims Tottenham star Udogie didn't deserve to be booked
- 'If he leaves in 6 months he will regret' - Ex-Napoli striker criticises Osimhen for not celebrating his goals
- 'I don't follow history' - Southampton loanee Onuachu admits he had no idea he set a record
- Klopp questions red card shown to Jota for foul on Udogie; Tottenham defender should have been sent off too
- Players with the most flair in Chelsea squad: Chukwuemeka picks Madueke, two others
- 'You're playing against big players' - Tottenham left-back Udogie on his 1v1 duels with Saka and Salah
- History-maker: Southampton loanee Onuachu goes into the record book after third goal for Trabzonspor
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football