Fulham Loanee Edun Happy To Score In His Eighth Game As A ProPublished: August 05, 2018
Fulham loanee Tayo Edun was full of happiness after his stoppage time goal rescued a 2-2 draw for Ipswich Town in their opening match of the EFL Championship against Blackburn Rovers.
The England U20 international completed his move to the Blues on Friday and the following day manager Paul Hurst handed him his debut off the bench in the 60th minute.
Edun had featured in seven first team matches for Fulham, logging 547 minutes, without finding the net but spent only 30 minutes on the Portman Road turf before opening his goalscoring account for The Blues.
''That goal felt very good,'' Tayo Edun told iFollow Ipswich.
''It was my first professional goal so that adds something to it. Of course the main thing was that we came away with something from the match, though.
''I wanted that for the team. They worked hard for 90 minutes and I think it would have been really tough to take had we not got a point – so there was definitely a sense of relief as well.''
Edun previously represented England at U17 and U18 level, and was a key member of the Young Lions squad that won the 2017 UEFA European Under-19 Championship.
Photo Credit : itfc.co.uk
- 'He has clearly shown that he is of value' - Ajax coach satisfied with performance of Akpom
- Babayaro's Nigerian record is safe: 16yo midfielder Nwaneri named in Arsenal's matchday squad v Lens
- Official: Nigeria-eligible winger signs new long-term contract with Brentford
- Gianfranco Zola insists Osimhen would be perfect for Real Madrid amid Napoli striker's links with Chelsea
- The truth about Hull City's links with Super Eagles midfielder Fisayo Dele-Bashiru
- Why Super Eagles left-back Jamilu Collins was omitted from Cardiff City's gameday squad v West Brom
- 'Nothing strange' - Peter Rufai expects Super Eagles to correct their flaws ahead of resumption of WCQ
- Richard Olise, once touted as 'Reece James heir', returns to action for Chelsea after more than 21 months out
- APOEL Nicosia chief scout in Lagos for 20-team scouting programme
- Chukwueze finally opens his AC Milan account in defeat against Borussia Dortmund
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football