The Shirt Numbers Leicester Stars Iheanacho & Ndidi Will Wear This Season RevealedPublished: August 10, 2018
Through a press release published on their official website, Leicester City have confirmed the squad numbers for their first-teamers in the 2018-2019 campaign.
The Foxes have revealed that Nigeria internationals Kelechi Iheanacho and Wilfred Ndidi have been handed the number 8 and 25 shirts respectively, which they have worn since joining the club in 2017.
Ndidi and Iheanacho were given the number 4 and 14 jerseys respectively while on international duty with the Super Eagles at the 2018 World Cup.
The big news is that promising Nigerian winger Layton Ndukwu was not listed among the first-team players handed jersey numbers, which suggests that he is not in the plans of manager Claude Puel in the first half of this season.
Having said that, Ndukwu is classed as an U21 player and remains eligible to play in the Premier League without his name included on the 25-player roster submitted.
2013 U17 World Cup-winning midfielder Habib Makanjuola's status at Leicester City is still covered in mist as he was not handed a first-team squad number.
Leicester City face Manchester United at Old Trafford in the Premier League curtain raiser on Friday night.
Photo Credit : lcfc.com
Football News 24/7
- EFL Cup: Iheanacho Nets Winning Penalty; Ndidi Rested; Ibe Strikes; Nnamdi In 18; Tomori Shines; Olosunde Missing
- Visa Hitch Stops Chelsea Loanee Omeruo From La Liga Debut Against Barcelona
- Egwuekwe Pens One-Year Al Nasr Deal After Successful Medical, Rejects Kuwaiti & Azerbaijani Clubs
- Chelsea Product Solanke Declared One Hundred Percent Fit To Face Old Club
- Chelsea Legend Zola Names The Gifted Player That Prevented Moses From Starting Vs Man City
- 'Nigerian Iniesta' Ends Speculation Over Future By Signing New CS Sfaxien Contract
- Super Eagles Star Ahmed Musa Is N0.97M Richer After Winning Saudi PL Player Of The Week
- England Call-Up For Leyton Orient's Marvin Ekpiteta, Whose Twin Brother Had Been Targeted By Nigeria
- Injured Nigerian Striker Ruled Out Of Leicester City's League Cup Match Vs Wolves
- Super Eagles Star Alhassan Ibrahim Named In Liga NOS Team Of The Week After Battle Scar
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football