The Shirt Numbers Leicester Stars Iheanacho & Ndidi Will Wear This Season RevealedPublished: August 10, 2018
Through a press release published on their official website, Leicester City have confirmed the squad numbers for their first-teamers in the 2018-2019 campaign.
The Foxes have revealed that Nigeria internationals Kelechi Iheanacho and Wilfred Ndidi have been handed the number 8 and 25 shirts respectively, which they have worn since joining the club in 2017.
Ndidi and Iheanacho were given the number 4 and 14 jerseys respectively while on international duty with the Super Eagles at the 2018 World Cup.
The big news is that promising Nigerian winger Layton Ndukwu was not listed among the first-team players handed jersey numbers, which suggests that he is not in the plans of manager Claude Puel in the first half of this season.
Having said that, Ndukwu is classed as an U21 player and remains eligible to play in the Premier League without his name included on the 25-player roster submitted.
2013 U17 World Cup-winning midfielder Habib Makanjuola's status at Leicester City is still covered in mist as he was not handed a first-team squad number.
Leicester City face Manchester United at Old Trafford in the Premier League curtain raiser on Friday night.
Photo Credit : lcfc.com
Football News 24/7
- Real Madrid Attacking Midfielder Eligible For Nigeria Makes Debut For Spain
- Cesc Fabregas Confirms Ex-Super Eagles Star Convinced Him To Join Monaco
- Why Watford Super Kid Dubbed The New Eden Hazard Left Nigeria U20 Camp
- Harry Kane Injury : Why Watford's Isaac Success Could Be A Good Fit For Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa's Dutch-Nigerian Starlet Too Hot For Reading To Handle In FA Youth Cup
- Nigerian Striker Not Going Back To Chelsea As Wolves Miss Out On Signature
- Ten Year Challenge : Super Eagles Fans Hail Mikel, Only Survivor Of Class Of 2008 AFCON
- Official : Former Enyimba Star Obiozor Inks 24-Month Deal With Stade Gabesien
- Celtic Hope To Beat Spurs, Everton, Wolves & Cardiff City To Signing Of Nigerian Goal Machine
- Nigeria Captain Obi Mikel Pays Tribute To Retiring Chelsea Legend Petr Cech
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football