Walking A Tightrope: Leicester Duo, Troost-Ekong, Omeruo Risk Being Dropped From Super Eagles SquadPublished: October 16, 2018
Leicester City duo Kelechi Iheanacho and Wilfred Ndidi, Kenneth Omeruo and William Troost-Ekong are in danger of not making the Super Eagles squad to face South Africa next month, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
If the aforementioned players are shown a yellow card by Motswana referee Joshua Bondo this evening, they will automatically receive a one-match ban which will rule them out of the game against Bafana Bafana.
Ndidi and Ekong will be treading a fine line against the Libyans as they are both defensive-minded players and are set to start against the Mediterranean Knights, barring any last-minute changes by manager Gernot Rohr.
The Foxes number 25 picked up a booking in the 25th minute of last Saturday's 4-0 win before the Udinese man had his name taken six minutes from time.
The two players have an exemplary disciplinary record for the senior national team, with Ndidi shown only one yellow card since he debuted and Troost-Ekong booked in only two matches.
Chelsea loanee Kenneth Omeruo is also walking a yellow-card tightrope after he was cautioned just before half time in last month's game in Seychelles and it would be recalled that one of the reasons why Iheanacho was taken off in that game was because he was yellow carded in the 59th minute.
Football News 24/7
- Man Utd, Liverpool, Man City, Aston Villa Run The Rule Over Chelsea, Spurs Starlets Of Nigerian Descent
- Photo Confirmation : Ex-Falkenberg Star Egbuchulam Completes Move To Suwon FC Worth N432M
- Chelsea Have A Big Decision To Make As Nigerian Defender's Stock Continues To Rise
- Official : US Alessandria Recall Akammadu From Loan Spell At Tranmere Rovers
- Real Madrid Attacking Midfielder Eligible For Nigeria Makes Debut For Spain
- Cesc Fabregas Confirms Ex-Super Eagles Star Convinced Him To Join Monaco
- Why Watford Super Kid Dubbed The New Eden Hazard Left Nigeria U20 Camp
- Harry Kane Injury : Why Watford's Isaac Success Could Be A Good Fit For Tottenham Hotspur
- Aston Villa's Dutch-Nigerian Starlet Too Hot For Reading To Handle In FA Youth Cup
- Nigerian Striker Not Going Back To Chelsea As Wolves Miss Out On Signature
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football