UYL Wrap: Real Madrid's Akinlabi Scores; Juventus & Iweru Lose To Man Utd; Man City's Nmecha Red-Carded; Ogbeta Goes 90Published: October 23, 2018
Find out how players eligible to represent the Nigerian National Teams fared on match day three in the UEFA Youth League on Tuesday, October 23.
We start off at Estadio Alfredo Di Stéfano, where Real Madrid entertained Viktoria Plzeň. It ended 3-2 in favour of the Spanish team.
Marvin Olawale Akinlabi Park came off the bench in the 54th minute and the substitution by the Real Madrid coach Daniel Algaba paid off, with the Nigerian attacking midfielder scoring three minutes later to put his team 2-1 up.
Miguel Baeza and Rodrigo Rodrigues were Real Madrid's other scorers, while Gabriel and Krátký found the net for the Czech Republic team.
At Leigh Sports Village Stadium in Manchester, Italy U19 international Paolo Gozzi Iweru featured for the last twelve minutes of Juventus' 4-1 loss to United, the central defender's third appearance off the bench in this season's competition.
The outcome of the match was already decided before Iweru entered the fray. Bohui, Greenwood, Garner and Levitt with the goals for the Red Devils; Caviglia scored Juventus' only goal.
The points were shared in the Group F match between Shakhtar Donetsk and Manchester City at NTB Metalist (Vysokyi) in Ukraine.
Taylor Harwood-Bellis scored in the fifth minute of stoppage time to cancel out Kulakov's 73rd minute effort.
Felix Nmecha, who started for the Citizens along with Nathanael Ogbeta, was dismissed in the 62nd minute after picking up a second yellow card. The midfielder was first cautioned in the 29th minute.
Man City's Tom Dele-Bashiru watched proceedings from the bench for the entirety of the game.
Photo Credit : realmadrid.com
Football News 24/7
- Nigeria U23 Skipper On Win Vs Libya : These Group Of Players Are Wonderful Players
- 'Victor Osimhen Could Be Nigerian Mbappe'- Dream Team VII Fans Go Nuts Over Display Of Wolfsburg Loanee
- Nigeria U23s Coach Reacts To Inclusion Of Uzoho, Ozornwafor In Squad Vs Libya
- Four Things We Learned From Nigeria U23s AFCONQ 4-0 Rout Of Libya
- Dream Team Player Ratings Vs Libya : 10/10 For Osimhen; Nwakali Magnificent; Chukwueze, Awaziem Shine; Awoniyi Quiet
- U23 AFCONQ Nigeria 4 Libya 0: Osimhen Nets Hat-Trick As Defending Champions Demolish North Africans
- Awoniyi, Nwakali, Osimhen, Uzoho Start As Nigeria Announce Starting XI Vs Libya U23
- Midtjylland's Onuachu To Make Full Debut Vs Egypt, Balogun Also Handed Starting Berth
- Arsenal Interested In Signing Nigerian Midfielder Likened To Patrick Vieira
- Rohr Reveals The Three New Players Under Consideration For Super Eagles AFCON Roster
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football