UYL Wrap: Real Madrid's Akinlabi Scores; Juventus & Iweru Lose To Man Utd; Man City's Nmecha Red-Carded; Ogbeta Goes 90Published: October 23, 2018
Find out how players eligible to represent the Nigerian National Teams fared on match day three in the UEFA Youth League on Tuesday, October 23.
We start off at Estadio Alfredo Di Stéfano, where Real Madrid entertained Viktoria Plzeň. It ended 3-2 in favour of the Spanish team.
Marvin Olawale Akinlabi Park came off the bench in the 54th minute and the substitution by the Real Madrid coach Daniel Algaba paid off, with the Nigerian attacking midfielder scoring three minutes later to put his team 2-1 up.
Miguel Baeza and Rodrigo Rodrigues were Real Madrid's other scorers, while Gabriel and Krátký found the net for the Czech Republic team.
At Leigh Sports Village Stadium in Manchester, Italy U19 international Paolo Gozzi Iweru featured for the last twelve minutes of Juventus' 4-1 loss to United, the central defender's third appearance off the bench in this season's competition.
The outcome of the match was already decided before Iweru entered the fray. Bohui, Greenwood, Garner and Levitt with the goals for the Red Devils; Caviglia scored Juventus' only goal.
The points were shared in the Group F match between Shakhtar Donetsk and Manchester City at NTB Metalist (Vysokyi) in Ukraine.
Taylor Harwood-Bellis scored in the fifth minute of stoppage time to cancel out Kulakov's 73rd minute effort.
Felix Nmecha, who started for the Citizens along with Nathanael Ogbeta, was dismissed in the 62nd minute after picking up a second yellow card. The midfielder was first cautioned in the 29th minute.
Man City's Tom Dele-Bashiru watched proceedings from the bench for the entirety of the game.
Photo Credit : realmadrid.com
Football News 24/7
- Official: Ex-Man City Midfielder Nwakali Parts Company With Rakow Czestochowa By Mutual Consent
- Two Players Of Nigerian Descent Withdraw From England U21 Squad
- 'Leon Balogun Was Injured' - South Africa Dazzler Explains Why They Resorted To Long Balls
- Uganda Announce Match Day Squad For Tuesday's Friendly Against Super Eagles, Star Player Okwi Out
- Chelsea Loanee Ola Aina Will Not Train With Super Eagles Monday, Returns To Italy
- Rohr Names Only Three South Africa Players Who Impressed Him In 1-1 Draw Vs Nigeria
- Rohr Teases South Africans : Not Even Half The Stadium Was Full Against Nigeria
- Internationals: Ogbeta Captain; Balogun Scores; Eyoma Impresses; Saka Cameo; Anjorin, Okonkwo Benched
- Super Eagles Camp Update Pre-Uganda : Omeruo, Balogun Excused From Friendly; Aina Doubtful
- Five Talking Points From Nigeria's Shock Defeat To South Africa In AWCON Opener
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football