UYL Wrap: Real Madrid's Akinlabi Scores; Juventus & Iweru Lose To Man Utd; Man City's Nmecha Red-Carded; Ogbeta Goes 90Published: October 23, 2018
Find out how players eligible to represent the Nigerian National Teams fared on match day three in the UEFA Youth League on Tuesday, October 23.
We start off at Estadio Alfredo Di Stéfano, where Real Madrid entertained Viktoria Plzeň. It ended 3-2 in favour of the Spanish team.
Marvin Olawale Akinlabi Park came off the bench in the 54th minute and the substitution by the Real Madrid coach Daniel Algaba paid off, with the Nigerian attacking midfielder scoring three minutes later to put his team 2-1 up.
Miguel Baeza and Rodrigo Rodrigues were Real Madrid's other scorers, while Gabriel and Krátký found the net for the Czech Republic team.
At Leigh Sports Village Stadium in Manchester, Italy U19 international Paolo Gozzi Iweru featured for the last twelve minutes of Juventus' 4-1 loss to United, the central defender's third appearance off the bench in this season's competition.
The outcome of the match was already decided before Iweru entered the fray. Bohui, Greenwood, Garner and Levitt with the goals for the Red Devils; Caviglia scored Juventus' only goal.
The points were shared in the Group F match between Shakhtar Donetsk and Manchester City at NTB Metalist (Vysokyi) in Ukraine.
Taylor Harwood-Bellis scored in the fifth minute of stoppage time to cancel out Kulakov's 73rd minute effort.
Felix Nmecha, who started for the Citizens along with Nathanael Ogbeta, was dismissed in the 62nd minute after picking up a second yellow card. The midfielder was first cautioned in the 29th minute.
Man City's Tom Dele-Bashiru watched proceedings from the bench for the entirety of the game.
Photo Credit : realmadrid.com
- 'He has clearly shown that he is of value' - Ajax coach satisfied with performance of Akpom
- Babayaro's Nigerian record is safe: 16yo midfielder Nwaneri named in Arsenal's matchday squad v Lens
- Official: Nigeria-eligible winger signs new long-term contract with Brentford
- Gianfranco Zola insists Osimhen would be perfect for Real Madrid amid Napoli striker's links with Chelsea
- The truth about Hull City's links with Super Eagles midfielder Fisayo Dele-Bashiru
- Why Super Eagles left-back Jamilu Collins was omitted from Cardiff City's gameday squad v West Brom
- 'Nothing strange' - Peter Rufai expects Super Eagles to correct their flaws ahead of resumption of WCQ
- Richard Olise, once touted as 'Reece James heir', returns to action for Chelsea after more than 21 months out
- APOEL Nicosia chief scout in Lagos for 20-team scouting programme
- Chukwueze finally opens his AC Milan account in defeat against Borussia Dortmund
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football