18-Year-Old Nigerian Defender Makes Professional Debut For Tottenham HotspurPublished: January 04, 2019
England youth international of Nigerian descent, Timothy Eyoma has made his professional debut for Premier League side Tottenham Hotspur.
The versatile central defender was handed his debut by manager Mauricio Pochettino after replacing Dávinson Sánchez in the 79th minute as Spurs bashed Tranmere Rovers for seven in the third round of the Emirates FA Cup on Friday evening.
Eyoma was an unused substitute against Burnley in the Premier League and West Ham in the League Cup.
The Londoner helped the Young Lions clinch the 2017 Fifa U17 World Cup, starting their first two matches against Chile and Mexico while he was introduced to the pitch as a substitute vs Brazil in the semifinal.
Aged 18 years, 11 months and 6 days, Eyoma is the third youngest player of Nigerian descent to debut for Spurs since the start of the new millennium, behind Josh Onomah (17 years, 8 months and 18 days) and Jonathan Obika (18 years, 2 months and 15 days).
Fernando Llorente notched a hat-trick, Serge Aurier netted a brace while Heung-Min Son and Harry Kane supplied the rest of the goals for Tottenham Hotspur in the victory over the League Two opponents at Prenton Park.
Photo Credit : tottenhamhotspur.com
- Peseiro's pre-match wish on Lookman comes true: Atalanta striker fires brace in 3-2 win against AC Milan
- FA Youth Cup: Nwaneri scores five goals to inspire Arsenal to 7-1 win against Crewe Alexandra
- Super Eagles watch: Ninth goal involvement for Ndidi; Dessers powerful strike; Ejuke gets his groove back
- 'It looks very nasty' - Michael Owen insists Onyeka was lucky to escape red card against Sheffield United
- 'My parents are proud Nigerians' - Premier League's fastest player reveals he considered playing for Super Eagles
- 'Declan Rice, Grealish chose England over Ireland' - Pundit on the international future of Arsenal striker Obi-Martin
- 'We have Adeleye, Ojo, Sochima' - Peseiro's sidekick urges Super Eagles coach to give chances to invitees
- 'I had an opportunity to get a hat-trick' - Iwobi admits he wanted to stay on against Nottingham Forest
- Nigerian tactician Hassan Sulaiman leads Chelsea into fourth round of FA Youth Cup
- 'Martial is a waste of space' - Ex-Chelsea star urges Man Utd to sign Boniface when 25 percent stake is sold
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football