30-Goal Chelsea Winger Commits International Future To Nigeria Over EnglandPublished: April 02, 2019
Chelsea prodigy Adrian Akande has committed his international future to Nigeria despite being courted by the English Football Association, allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report.
Golden Eaglets coach, Manu Garba closely monitored the highly-rated winger in Abuja for about one week, with a view to naming him on the roster for the upcoming Africa U17 Cup of Nations in Tanzania.
Akande arrived the Nigeria U17s camp with a huge reputation, having netted an impressive 30 goals in 42 games for Chelsea's youth teams this season, while providing 22 assists.
''Adrian has been called for five England camps and has rejected all of them in hope of playing for Nigeria,'' Adrian's agent, Tobi Alabi who used to play for Millwall, told allnigeriasoccer.com.
Akande has certainly shown signs that he could cut it as a professional footballer as he has drawn comparisons to Chelsea superstar Eden Hazard and Barcelona's Ousmane Dembélé.
''He plays like Hazard and Barcelona's Dembele. He is two-footed, very quick and strong on the ball. He can score the same, with both right foot and left foot and he is a hard worker.
''He has no weaknesses. I saw a mention that defensively he isn’t strong but he’s not a defender, he’s an attacker so his defensive capabilities aren’t important, of course he will work hard for his team but he’s not a defender, '' added Alabi.
Adrian Akande played for the youth team of Crystal Palace before transferring to Chelsea at the age of twelve.
- Super Eagles-eligible player helps Chelsea break 113-year-old club record after PL debut
- Global rankings of best take on players : Chukwueze on the same level as Tottenham striker Kane
- Arsenal-owned striker of Nigerian descent makes senior debut for EFL club
- Iheanacho joins Brentford, Brighton, Forest, Fulham, Tottenham, Wolves stars in PL TOTW
- Revealed : Length of new deal signed by Wolverhampton Wanderers' Italian-Nigerian midfielder
- 'Very good player' - Ex-Barcelona CB admits it's difficult to defend against Terem Moffi
- Lookman best-rated player in Serie A Team of the Month but Osimhen misses out
- Where does Osimhen rank among world's best strikers?
- Arsenal loanee Okonkwo makes big statement about his future after impressive debut for Sturm Graz
- Patrick Vieira rues Eze's missed chance in Eagles' loss to Manchester United
Football News 24/7
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football