Sporting Charleroi's Osimhen Scores Fastest Goal In Belgian First Division A HistoryPublished: May 26, 2019
Sporting Charleroi striker Victor Osimhen has broken a record held by Imoh Ezekiel after scoring the quickest goal in the history of the Belgian First Division A on Sunday, May 26.
The Wolfsburg loanee took only 8.15 seconds to open the scoring in Sporting Charleroi's 3-2 loss to Antwerp at the Bosuilstadion (Deurne), surpassing the previous record set by Ezekiel on on August 11, 2013 after 10.8 seconds for Standard against Racing Genk.
Osimhen took advantage of a mix-up in the Antwerp defense, latched onto a loose ball and burst into the penalty area before firing a right footed shot past goalkeeper Sinan Bolat.
Prior to today's game, Osimhen had been already been crowned the winner of the Nigerian Golden Shoe and his strike against Antwerp took his tally for the season to 19 league goals.
With the striker's loan spell at Sporting Charleroi coming to an end, his future is expected to dominate the foreign and local press in the summer transfer window, and he could put himself in the shop window if he is included in the Super Eagles 23-man squad for the Africa Cup of Nations.
Osimhen made 34 appearances in the Belgian First Division A this term, including 31 starts.
Football News 24/7
- Osimhen Does A Nicolas Pepe : Super Eagle Waiting For Man Utd, Arsenal Bids; Undecided About Napoli?
- Saka Partnered In Attack by Man Utd's Greenwood, Leicester's Vardy In Premier League TOTW
- Official : Southampton Confirm Nigerian Defender Has Signed New Two-Year Deal
- Former Chelsea Defender Tasks Bukayo Saka On Favourite Position For Arsenal
- 2013 U17 World Cup Winner Returns To English Premier League Champions Liverpool
- 'He Will Score Against Arsenal This Evening' - Dad Backs Ex-Gunners Target Iheanacho To Continue Good Form
- Confirmed : Belgian Club KV Oostende End Their Association With Super Eagles Striker
- Ex-Monaco Striker Urges Man Utd To Make Three High-Profile Signings Including Ndidi
- Iwobi's Former Teammate Onyedinma Nets Brace As Wycombe Wanderers Seal Passage To Wembley
- First Official Words By Three Nigerian Starlets After Signing New Chelsea Contracts
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football