Aston Villa's Defensive Giant Dubbed The 'Next Van Dijk' Handed Maiden Nigeria Call-UpPublished: August 25, 2019
Allnigeriasoccer.com has been informed that new Aston Villa signing Iffy Udanoh has received a maiden call-up to the Nigerian National Team.
The Nigeria Football Federation have invited the 6-feet-4-inches tall central defender to link up with the Golden Eaglets at their pre-World Cup training camp in Abuja and manager Manu Garba is expected to begin running the rule over the 16-year-old as from Monday, August 26.
Born in Maryland, United States, Udanoh is also eligible to represent the national teams of United States and England.
While the 2003-born center back is already in Nigeria ahead of his first training session with the Golden Eaglets, there has been an issue with his good pal, former Watford teenage sensation Nigel Aris, who has also received an invite to the national team.
Aris is battling to get a visa to Nigeria as his Nigerian passport has expired and the Embassy in the United Kingdom has been slow processing his application for a new traveling document.
Udanoh is a no-nonsense defender with excellent aerial attributes and has been likened to Liverpool star Virgil van Dijk by his minders.
Football News 24/7
- Delta State Governor appoints ex-Super Eagles star Sodje Special Assistant on Sports
- Former Man Utd striker Ighalo continues his white-hot form; Hammarby's Amoo on target too
- Victor Osimhen scores for the third game in a row as Napoli thrash Sampdoria
- Penalty not given : Genk hitman Onuachu not happy about referee's 'big boy' comments
- 'Onyeka was playing vs Liverpool last season' - Pundit on Brentford's project in debut EPL campaign
- EPL pundit challenges Watford's Dennis to maintain consistency across course of the season
- Ferguson convinced Glasgow Rangers' Super Eagles star has suitors in England
- Leicester City assistant coach praises Ndidi for part he played in Iheanacho's goal vs Millwall
- Iheanacho on his goal vs Millwall, why he didn't pass to Daka, part played in Lookman's strike
- Nigerian exports : Onuachu brace; Kalu's goal salvages draw for Bordeaux; Apollon's Dauda strikes
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football