EFL Wrap : QPR's Eze, Osayi-Samuel; Wycombe's Bayo; Bradford's Akpan; Crewe Alexandra's Anene Find The NetPublished: October 05, 2019
Catch up on the Nigerian players that were on target for their respective clubs in the EFL Championship, League One and League Two on Saturday, October 5.
We begin at the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium. Queens Park Rangers returned to winning ways by thrashing Blackburn Rovers 4-2 , with Nigerian players involved in three goals scored by the Hoops.
Bright Osayi-Samuel headed a cross down to Wells to open the scoring for the home team in the 30th minute and it became 2-0 four minutes after the restart when Eberechi Eze beat his man and slotted home.
On the hour mark, Osayi-Samuel shot low into the far corner to restore QPR's two-goal advantage.
In a League One clash at Adams Park, it finished 3-3 between Wycombe Wanderers and Peterborough United.
Trailing 2-0, Adebayo Akinfenwa inspired Wycombe's comeback, halving the arrears with a header in the 56th minute before leveling matters in the fifth minute of stoppage time.
A division lower, Bradford City earned a 2-1 win against Swindon Town at the Northern Commercials Stadium in West Yorkshire.
Nigeria international Hope Akpan broke the deadlock when he headed home in the 69th minute, his first league goal this term.
Crewe Alexandra have to thank Chuma Anene for getting a share of the spoils against Exeter City.
The former Norway youth-teamer lashed the ball into the bottom corner in the 76th minute to equalise for Crewe, six minutes after he came off the bench.
Photo Credit : bradfordcityfc.co.uk
Football News 24/7
- 'I Know The Category I Belong In Super Eagles' - Mikel Agu Not Surprised Over World Cup Axe
- 'Both Of Them Were Serious Heartbreaks' - Iwobi Opens Up On Late Goals Conceded Vs Algeria, Argentina
- Ejuke Explains His Connection To Dutch-Born Heerenveen Midfielder Courted By Nigeria
- Premier League Clubs, Barca, Real Madrid Handed Transfer Boost As Osimhen Rejects Napoli
- Official : Eyoma Returns To Tottenham Hotspur; Adebayo-Smith, Edun Retained By Lincoln City
- Proof That Manchester United Center Back Mengi Is Not Eligible To Represent Nigeria
- What Does The Future Hold For Amos At Tottenham Hotspur?
- Olympiakos-Linked Striker Onyekuru Reveals His Preferred Destination
- Why Manchester United's Fastest Player Is Perfect For Nigeria Youth Teams
- Official : Two Nigerian Youngsters To Depart Norwich City At The End Of June
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football