Yeni Malatyaspor's Benin GK Has His Say On Penalty Won By Chelsea Loanee MosesPublished: November 25, 2019
Yeni Malatyaspor's Benin international goalkeeper Fabien Farnolle has had his say on the penalty awarded to Fenerbahce during Sunday's Super Lig meeting at the Yeni Malatya Stadyumu.
There was drama in the closing minutes of the first half as referee Mete Kalkavan awarded a spot kick to the Yellow Canaries after consulting the Video Assistant Referee.
It appeared to be a harsh decision in real time as Farnolle collided with Moses as he attempted to punch away a ball in the area, but Emre Belozoglu missed from the penalty spot.
''I was a little late, but Victor Moses was coming right at me. These things happen in football, '' said Farnolle to reporters post-match.
''Fenerbahce are a great team, but we knew we thought we would get 3 points. We should not lose the matches we could not win. As a result, we got 1 point in Fenerbahce.''
Moses has been unable to find the net for Fenerbahce since the opening day of the season against Gaziantep FK on August 19.
The right winger's recent performances have come under intense scrutiny so much so that he has been linked with a return to Chelsea in the winter transfer market,
Photo Credit : fenerbahce.org
Football News 24/7
- Official : Former Fiorentina Striker Akammadu Parts Company With Alessandria
- Arsenal-Owned Midfielder Olayinka Reveals Why He Joined Northampton Town On Loan
- Leicester Expert Reckons Manchester City Can't Trigger Buy-Back Option For Iheanacho After 2022
- Official : Indian Super League Club Odisha FC Loan In Spanish-Nigerian Striker
- 'One Of The Most Tactical & Disciplined Teams In Africa" - Ex-Barcelona Star Warns Eagles Of Cape Verde
- 'He Worked For The Team, Was Unselfish' - Success' Attitude Praised By Watford U23 Assistant Coach
- Done Deal : Columbus Crew SC Confirm Capture Of Nigeria's All-Time Leading Scorer In MLS
- Ndidi's Market Value : Leicester Star Is Joint 53rd Most Valuable EPL Player; Joint 10th DM
- Arsenal Invincible Keown Sees Versatile Youngster Saka As A Long-Term Left-Back
- Arsenal Captain Aubameyang Commends Saka On Goal Against Bournemouth
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football