EPL Wrap : Saka, Koiki Benched; Iheanacho's Goal Ruled Out; Idah Full Debut; Iwobi, Balogun, Ndidi On The MendPublished: January 11, 2020
A round-up of Nigeria-eligible players that were in action for their respective clubs in the English Premier League on Saturday, January 11.
In the early kickoff at Selhurst Park, Crystal Palace came from behind to draw 1-1 with 10-man Arsenal.
The Gunners talismanic leading scorer Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang opened the scoring on 12 minutes before
Jordan Ayew restored parity through a deflected shot on 54 minutes.
Bukayo Saka was a non-playing substitute. The four other Nigerian players that trained with Arsenal's first team on Friday were not in the matchday eighteen.
At Old Trafford, Republic of Ireland U21 international Adam Idah had a tough day on his full Premier League debut as Norwich City suffered a 4-0 defeat at the hands of Manchester United.
A brace from Marcus Rashford and additional tallies from Anthony Martial and super sub Mason Greenwood secured a win for Ole Gunnar Solskjær's side. Idah was hooked off in the 65th minute.
Let's go to the King Power Stadium. Leicester City without the injured Wilfred Ndidi were beaten 2-1 by Southampton.
After coming off the bench in the 58th minute, Kelechi Iheanacho thought he had given the Foxes a 2-1 lead but his goal was ruled out by on-the-pitch officials and the video assistant referee.
Dennis Praet finished at the back post to open the scoring for the home team in the 14th minute but the lead lasted five minutes as Stuart Armstrong's deflected effort restored parity, before Danny Ings' 81st minute winner.
At Stamford Bridge, left-back Ali Koiki still has to wait for his competitive debut for Burnley as he was a non-playing substitute in their 3-0 loss to Chelsea.
Jorginho, Tammy Abraham and Callum Hudson Odoi with the goals for Frank Lampard's side.
At Goodison Park, Richarlison's 38th minute goal was enough for Everton to claim all three points in a 1-0 win against Brighton & Hove.
Nigeria internationals Leon Balogun (thigh injury) and Alex Iwobi (hamstring) were left out of the matchday squad.
Timothy Eyoma has been left out of the Tottenham Hotspur squad in the big clash against Liverpool despite Jose Mourinho inviting him to train with the first team on Friday.
Photo Credit : canaries.co.uk
Football News 24/7
- 'Giggs, Bergkamp, Scholes Used To Give Those Passes' - Van Persie Compares Saka To Man Utd, Arsenal Legends
- 'They Scored A Goal We Shouldn't Concede' - Man Utd Star On Dennis' First Half Strike
- (Photo Confirmation) Arsenal's Nigerian Wonderkid Joins Scottish Giants Rangers
- Leicester City Provide Ndidi Injury Update That Will Worry Super Eagles Fans, Rohr
- Manchester United Name Super Eagles Striker As One Of The Three Key Players In Club Brugge Team
- NPFL Club Heartland Slapped With A Two-Window Transfer Ban By LMC
- Nigeria U23 Star Scores First Competitive Goal Of Thierry Henry's Reign As Montreal Impact Coach
- 'I Have Grown Up Playing On The Left Or No 10'- Iwobi On Ancelotti's Tactical Genius
- Super Eagles Still Among Top Three Teams In Africa In New FIFA Rankings
- Arsenal Face Losing Exciting Teenager Saka If They Fail To Qualify For European Competition
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football