Arsenal Assistant Manager Stuivenberg Watches Balogun Score Brilliant Goal In Loss To Chelsea U23Published: February 17, 2020
England youth international of Nigerian descent Folarin Balogun scored for the second successive home game as Arsenal lost 2-1 to Chelsea U23 in a London derby at Meadow Park on Monday night, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
The highly-rated teenage striker and defender Tobi Omole were named in the Gunners starting line-up, while Chelsea's top scorer in the league Faustino Anjorin and Tariq Uwakwe started from the off for the visitors.
According to Football.London, Arsenal assistant manager Albert Stuivenberg attended the game and he was joined by Per Mertesacker for the second half.
Balogun gave Arsenal the lead with a brilliant curling effort from twenty-five yards out sixteen minutes into the game.
Broja headed home from a corner to draw Chelsea level in the 32nd minute and they were 2-1 up at the break courtesy of Gilmour's strike.
On 61 minutes, Balogun came close to scoring his second of the match but was denied by Ziger and he tested the goalkeeper again seven minutes later with a low effort which was saved.
Mazeed Ogungbo replaced Omole with 11 minutes left on the clock and Miguel Azeez was a non-playing substitute for Arsenal.
Up next, Arsenal face Manchester City in the league on February 28 while Chelsea host Everton.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
Football News 24/7
- Arsenal Battling Tottenham, Chelsea, Manchester United, Spanish & Italian Clubs For Super Eagles Star?
- Club Brugge's Dennis Now The 3rd Most Valuable Player In Belgium, Ranked 5th Among Nigerians
- Leicester City Have Not Received An Official Approach From Barcelona Over Ndidi
- Coronavirus : Super Eagles Star Kalu Gets Permission From Bordeaux To Return To Nigeria
- 'Even If He's Nigeria Coach, He Still Has Ties With Girondins' - Rohr Named Among Top 5 Legendary Bordeaux Players
- Van Vossen's Ajax Best XI : Finidi In But Five Nigerians Miss Out Including Kanus, Oliseh
- Mourinho's Best XI He Has Coached : The Four Nigerian Stars Snubbed By Portuguese Super Coach
- Ex-Spurs Coach Pochettino Watched Arsenal Striker Balogun Score Brace Vs Manchester City U23
- The Three Biggest Losers From The Coronavirus Pandemic Fallout In Super Eagles
- Players Who Have Earned 20 Caps Or More While Chelsea Players : Four Nigerians Among 62 Players
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football