'They Scored A Goal We Shouldn't Concede' - Man Utd Star On Dennis' First Half StrikePublished: February 20, 2020
Manchester United got an important away goal as they were forced to a 1-1 draw by Club Brugge in a Europa League round of 32 clash on Thursday evening.
Two Nigerian strikers were involved at the Jan Breydel Stadion, with Emmanuel Dennis starting for the Belgian club and Odion Ighalo coming off the bench to replace Anthony Martial for his European debut midway through the second half.
At minute 15, Dennis gave Club Brugge a 1-0 lead when he lobbed United goalkeeper Sergio Romero after Simon Mignolet's long ball found him, before Martial leveled the tie with a brilliant finish on 36 minutes.
Speaking post-match, Manchester United attacking midfielder Juan Mata lamented his side's error in the build-up to Dennis' goal.
"They started well, they’re a team that play good with the ball and defend very compact without the ball, they put a lot of bodies in the back,'' Mata said to MUTV.
"And we couldn't find the spaces in the first half. They scored a goal we shouldn't concede. We scored a goal from their mistake. "
Following his strike against the Reds, Dennis has been directly involved in 4 goals (3 goals, 1 assist) in seven appearances in the Europa League and Champions League this season, including his brace in a 2-2 draw with Real Madrid back in October.
Photo Credit : clubbrugge.be
Football News 24/7
- Arsenal Battling Tottenham, Chelsea, Manchester United, Spanish & Italian Clubs For Super Eagles Star?
- Club Brugge's Dennis Now The 3rd Most Valuable Player In Belgium, Ranked 5th Among Nigerians
- Leicester City Have Not Received An Official Approach From Barcelona Over Ndidi
- Coronavirus : Super Eagles Star Kalu Gets Permission From Bordeaux To Return To Nigeria
- 'Even If He's Nigeria Coach, He Still Has Ties With Girondins' - Rohr Named Among Top 5 Legendary Bordeaux Players
- Van Vossen's Ajax Best XI : Finidi In But Five Nigerians Miss Out Including Kanus, Oliseh
- Mourinho's Best XI He Has Coached : The Four Nigerian Stars Snubbed By Portuguese Super Coach
- Ex-Spurs Coach Pochettino Watched Arsenal Striker Balogun Score Brace Vs Manchester City U23
- The Three Biggest Losers From The Coronavirus Pandemic Fallout In Super Eagles
- Players Who Have Earned 20 Caps Or More While Chelsea Players : Four Nigerians Among 62 Players
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football