Bayern Munich's Next Big Thing Zirkzee Scores 15 Minutes Into Full Bundesliga DebutPublished: February 29, 2020
Netherlands U19 international of Nigerian descent Joshua Zirkzee scored fifteen minutes into his full Bundesliga debut as Bayern Munich registered a 6-0 victory over Hoffenheim on Saturday evening, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
The 18-year-old striker was handed his first start by manager Hans-Dieter Flick following the injury suffered by the clinical Polish striker Robert Lewandowski in the Champions League tie at Chelsea earlier this week.
Prior to today's fixture, the teenager had already scored two goals off the bench in Bundesliga matches against SC Freiburg and Wolfsburg back in December 2019.
Leading the line, Zirkzee put Bayern Munich 3-0 up when he controlled the ball and slotted past goalkeeper Oliver Baumann.
Bayern's other scorers were Serge Gnabry, Joshua Kimmich, Philippe Coutinho (2) and Leon Goretzka.
The game was suspended for some minutes in the second half after hateful banners targeting Hoffenheim's majority shareholder Dietmar Hopp in the Bayern fan block.
Zirkzee, who went the distance on his full debut, was an unused substitute during Tuesday's victory against Chelsea.
Photo Credit : bundesliga.com
Football News 24/7
- Arsenal Battling Tottenham, Chelsea, Manchester United, Spanish & Italian Clubs For Super Eagles Star?
- Club Brugge's Dennis Now The 3rd Most Valuable Player In Belgium, Ranked 5th Among Nigerians
- Leicester City Have Not Received An Official Approach From Barcelona Over Ndidi
- Coronavirus : Super Eagles Star Kalu Gets Permission From Bordeaux To Return To Nigeria
- 'Even If He's Nigeria Coach, He Still Has Ties With Girondins' - Rohr Named Among Top 5 Legendary Bordeaux Players
- Van Vossen's Ajax Best XI : Finidi In But Five Nigerians Miss Out Including Kanus, Oliseh
- Mourinho's Best XI He Has Coached : The Four Nigerian Stars Snubbed By Portuguese Super Coach
- Ex-Spurs Coach Pochettino Watched Arsenal Striker Balogun Score Brace Vs Manchester City U23
- The Three Biggest Losers From The Coronavirus Pandemic Fallout In Super Eagles
- Players Who Have Earned 20 Caps Or More While Chelsea Players : Four Nigerians Among 62 Players
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football