Bayern Munich Now On Course To Defend Bundesliga TitlePublished: March 27, 2020
The Bundesliga title race remains open, but it is Bayern Munich who are now the overwhelming favourites to retain their title.
They made a change of manager at the start of the campaign following the poor start, but have now climbed back up to the top and are in formidable form at present.
Bayern Munich are now the strong betting favourites to win their record breaking 30th Bundesliga title and eighth in succession. One of the main aims for the side will also be to win the Champions league this season, and they have progressed through to the final eight, following a victory over Chelsea.
The Champions league betting offers have been popular, with Bayern now amongst the favourites for the title.
Bayern Munich have now returned back to the top of the Bundesliga table and continue their very strong form to date.
Following the opening 25 matches played, they have picked up 55 points from a possible 75, winning 17, drawing four and losing four.
This puts them four clear of second placed Borussia Dortmund, and a further point ahead of RB Leipzig. The latter also continue their impressive season to date.
Bayern Munich continue to come into strong support for the title, as they have also now gone eleven matches without defeat, winning ten and drawing one against title rivals RB Leipzig.
This run started with Bayern winning 4-0 away at Hertha. They scored all goals in the second period, whilst reducing the home side to a single shot on target in the dominant performance.
Bayern then followed this up with a 5-0 home victory over Schalke 04. This was another impressive team display with five different scorers on the night.
The side then won away at Mainz in the league to further enhance their chances of retaining their title., with Bayern winning the match 3-1.
Bayern then also progressed through the third round in the DFB cup with a 4-3 victory over Hoffenheim.
The following match saw Bayern held to a 0-0 draw at home to RB Leipzig, as the two leading sides in German football took each other on. This was a fair result, with nearer side creating more clear cut chances.
Bayern then returned to winning ways with two consecutive victories in the Bundesliga. This started with a 4-1 away win over FC Koln, before a 3-2 home win over Paderborn.
The victory also pushing the side back up to the top of the Bundesliga table. Bayern then travelled to Chelsea in the opening leg of their round of 16 clash in the Champions league.
Bayern completely dominated the match, with Serge Gnabry starring for the side. The match finished 3-0 and Bayern and now amongst the favourites for the title.
Bayern then continued their incredible recent form with a 6-0 away with against Hoffenheim. This was expected to be a tough test but gave a further example of just how dominant the side are at present.
The side have now picked up a win in the quarter-finals of the DFB Cup with a 1-0 away win over Schalke 04, which means they have again reached the semi-finals.
They will now be expected to continue their strong form and ultimately land another Bundesliga title.
Photo Credit : fcbayern.com
Football News 24/7
- How bad is injury suffered by Troost-Ekong on Nigeria duty? Watford provide update
- Super Eagles-eligible midfielder doubtful to make Chelsea debut v Palace after Potter's update
- Leicester City boss provides update on Ndidi's injury ahead of visit of Nottingham Forest
- Manchester United star beats Iwobi, 4 midfielders to win top Premier League award
- Sale of Nigeria stars : Ex-Leeds striker insists it could be difficult for Rangers to persuade targets
- Ozoh's stunner against Chelsea U21s up for for Crystal Palace Goal of the Month
- 'Real Madrid were interested in signing me' - Ajax hero Finidi reveals how dream move collapsed
- Shoretire reacts after being invited by Ten Hag to train with Manchester United first team
- Ange Postecoglou promotes talented CB of Nigerian descent to Celtic first team training
- Chelsea wonderkid Chukwuemeka awarded best player of the Costa Càlida Supercup
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football