Bundesliga Wrap : Awoniyi Receives First Caution; Collins Plays Full Game; Zirkzee, Akpoguma, Lookman Unused SubsPublished: June 06, 2020
Allnigeriasoccer.com's round-up of Nigerian players that were in action for their respective clubs in the German Bundesliga on Saturday, June 6.
Nigerian players with dual nationalities and have played competitively for the senior national teams of other countries have been omitted.
At the Red Bull Arena (Leipzig), RB Leipzig and relegation candidates Paderborn played out a 1-1 draw.
Christian Strohdiek salvaged a draw for Paderborn with an injury time goal; Patrik Schick scored in the 27th minute to give RB Leipzig the advantage.
Super Eagles left-back Jamilu Collins was in action for the entirety of the game while Ademola Lookman watched proceedings for the bench for the home team.
Bayern Munich are closing in on the title after thrashing Bayer Leverkusen 4-2 at the BayArena (Leverkusen).
Goals from Kingsley Coman, Leon Goretzka, Serge Gnabry and Robert Lewandowski gave the Bavarians victory; Lucas Alario on 10 minutes and Florian Wirtz in the 89th minute opened and closed the scoring during the encounter.
Netherlands U19 star Joshua Zirkzee was a non-playing substitute for the tenth time in the Bundesliga this season.
Let's go to the Commerzbank-Arena where Eintracht Frankfurt entertained Taiwo Awoniyi's Mainz 05. It ended 2-0 in favour of the visitors.
Manager Beierlorzer still kept faith with Awoniyi despite the striker firing blanks in three consecutive games and his barren spell continued today despite spending 90 minutes on the pitch.
The Liverpool loanee received his first ever caution in the German top-flight two minutes after the restart. Moussa Niakhate and Pierre Kunde with the goals for Mainz.
At the Merkur Spiel-Arena, Fortuna Dusseldorf and TSG Hoffenheim shared the spoils in a four-goal thriller.
Hoffenheim's former Germany U20 skipper Kevin Akpoguma watched proceedings from the bench.
Rouwen Hennings bagged a brace for the Dusseldorf team while Munas Dabbur and Steven Zuber replied for Hoffenheim.
In the evening kickoff, Jordan Torunarigha starts for Hertha BSC against Borussia Dortmund at Signal Iduna Park.
Photo Credit : scp07.de
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Southampton Sweat Over Fitness Of Versatile Playmaker Tella Pre-Manchester United
- Club Brugge Coach Convinced Sheffield United-Linked Dennis Is A Premier League Material
- Former West Ham Striker Points Out Major Difference Between Bukayo Saka And Chelsea's Hudson-Odoi
- Ex-Newcastle Star Reveals Okocha Almost On The Same Level As Barcelona Icon Ronaldinho
- 'Bruno Fernandes Is A Top Player' - Iheanacho Names Portuguese Among 3 Man Utd Stars That Could Derail Leicester's UCL Hopes
- Crotone's Super Eagles Star Close To Matching Personal Best After Netting 18th Goal Of Season
- England Manager Southgate To Run The Rule Over Nigeria Target Saka Against Manchester City
- Official : Former Chelsea Defender Rejects Contract Offer, Departs Cheltenham Town
- Augsburg Winger Noah Bazee Market Value Reaches Joint All-Time High
- Official : Austrian Bundesliga Club SC Rheindorf Altach Announce Signing Of Austrian-Nigerian Edokpolor
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football