Bundesliga Wrap : Awoniyi Receives First Caution; Collins Plays Full Game; Zirkzee, Akpoguma, Lookman Unused SubsPublished: June 06, 2020
Allnigeriasoccer.com's round-up of Nigerian players that were in action for their respective clubs in the German Bundesliga on Saturday, June 6.
Nigerian players with dual nationalities and have played competitively for the senior national teams of other countries have been omitted.
At the Red Bull Arena (Leipzig), RB Leipzig and relegation candidates Paderborn played out a 1-1 draw.
Christian Strohdiek salvaged a draw for Paderborn with an injury time goal; Patrik Schick scored in the 27th minute to give RB Leipzig the advantage.
Super Eagles left-back Jamilu Collins was in action for the entirety of the game while Ademola Lookman watched proceedings for the bench for the home team.
Bayern Munich are closing in on the title after thrashing Bayer Leverkusen 4-2 at the BayArena (Leverkusen).
Goals from Kingsley Coman, Leon Goretzka, Serge Gnabry and Robert Lewandowski gave the Bavarians victory; Lucas Alario on 10 minutes and Florian Wirtz in the 89th minute opened and closed the scoring during the encounter.
Netherlands U19 star Joshua Zirkzee was a non-playing substitute for the tenth time in the Bundesliga this season.
Let's go to the Commerzbank-Arena where Eintracht Frankfurt entertained Taiwo Awoniyi's Mainz 05. It ended 2-0 in favour of the visitors.
Manager Beierlorzer still kept faith with Awoniyi despite the striker firing blanks in three consecutive games and his barren spell continued today despite spending 90 minutes on the pitch.
The Liverpool loanee received his first ever caution in the German top-flight two minutes after the restart. Moussa Niakhate and Pierre Kunde with the goals for Mainz.
At the Merkur Spiel-Arena, Fortuna Dusseldorf and TSG Hoffenheim shared the spoils in a four-goal thriller.
Hoffenheim's former Germany U20 skipper Kevin Akpoguma watched proceedings from the bench.
Rouwen Hennings bagged a brace for the Dusseldorf team while Munas Dabbur and Steven Zuber replied for Hoffenheim.
In the evening kickoff, Jordan Torunarigha starts for Hertha BSC against Borussia Dortmund at Signal Iduna Park.
Photo Credit : scp07.de
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Watford boss reacts to Troost-Ekong's early Christmas present to Maddison and Leicester
- 'Chilwell highly missed' - Chelsea's Nigerian fans react to disappointing draw vs Man Utd
- Aribo reveals exactly what Rangers boss told the midfielders to do in win vs Livingston
- Dennis equals EPL record held by ex-Leeds, Spurs, Chelsea & Arsenal stars; Man United ace
- Super Eagles no. 10 on target in GvB's first league match in charge of Glasgow Rangers
- AFCON 2021 : Another concern for Super Eagles as first choice GK goes off injured vs Ajax
- Samson Tijani on his relationship with Salzburg starlets of Nigerian descent Okafor, Okoh, Adeyemi
- Middlesbrough, Swansea, Bournemouth gunning for Arsenal's Anglo-American-Nigerian whizkid
- 'Back to his best' - Chukwueze praised after scoring against Barcelona
- 'They had a great result vs Man Utd' - Ndidi anticipates tough match against Watford
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football