'25 Goals In France Not Worth Those In Serie A' - Ex-Derby County Striker Doubts Osimhen's CredentialsPublished: July 11, 2020
Former Derby County and Napoli striker Ciccio Baiano has his doubts over whether Victor Osimhen is capable of scoring goals at the highest level in Italy.
The Nigeria international has flirted with Napoli in recent days, traveling to Italy to hold contract talks with The Blues chiefs over a summer move but no decision has been made as the Super Eagle has asked for more time to think about the offer.
Osimhen finished with 18 goals in all competitions in his debut season in France, but Baiano does not see the Nigerian scoring the same number of goals should the move to Napoli come to fruition.
Baiano cited a statement credited to former Manchester United, PSG and Barcelona striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who admitted that Serie A is the hardest league in the world to be a striker.
When asked if he likes Osimhen, Baiano told Tuttomercatoweb : "I have doubts, not because he is not good or rather he is strong. But playing in France is one thing, in Italy it is another.
"As Ibra says if you score twenty goals in Italy you can score anywhere. The 25 goals in France are not worth those of our championship."
Napoli are rivaling Premier League, Spanish and Bundesliga clubs for the services of the 21-year-old Osimhen.
Photo Credit : losc.fr
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- West Ham's Odubeko named Premier League 2 Player of the Month for April 2021
- Super Eagles striker Dessers has doubts about his future at Racing Genk
- Memorable Manchester Derbies of all time
- Confirmed: Promising midfielder James Olayinka returns to parent club Arsenal
- Former Super Eagles invitee named in Turkish Super Lig Team of the Season
- Newcastle United face competition from Portuguese giants Benfica in race to sign Nigerian defender
- Hodgson says Crystal Palace need Eze more than Manchester United and Manchester City
- Racing Genk in advanced talks to sign youngest Nigerian player to feature in La Liga
- Lazio target Simy receives attractive offer from English Championship club
- Oshoala enters game as sub as Barca thrash Chelsea in UWCL final with Abramovich in attendance
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football