Bordeaux's Kalu With Match-winning Assist On His Return But Suffers Injury RelapsePublished: November 21, 2020
Samuel Kalu supplied the match-winning assist on his return to action after spending six weeks on the sidelines as Bordeaux earned a 1-0 road win against Stade Rennais in a French Ligue 1 match on Friday evening, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
Prior to yesterday's fixture, the Nigeria international had not figured for club and country since he went off injured in the second half of the Super Eagles 1-0 loss to Algeria in an international friendly on October 9.
Eight minutes before half time, Hatem Ben Arfa netted the game winner as he fired a shot past goalkeeper Gomis after Kalu spotted his run and picked him out.
Bordeaux manager Jean-Louis Gasset suggested at the pre-match press conference ahead of the visit to Rennes that the Super Eagles star would not be rushed back into action and his surprise decision to hand him a shock start backfired on him when the Nigerian suffered a relapse of his injury.
According to L'Equipe, Kalu made way for Rémi Oudin at the hour mark after feeling discomfort in the hamstring, the same injury that kept him on the sidelines for several weeks.
One-cap Nigeria international Josh Maja started and was in action for 60 minutes against Rennes.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Super Eagles Defender Omeruo Still On The Mend, Omitted From Leganes Matchday Squad
- Snapped : Teenage Nigeria-Eligible Striker Involved In Arsenal Final Workout Pre-Wolves
- Man City's Sodje Takes Season's Tally To Eight League Goals With Brace Vs Sunderland U18s
- Tottenham-Owned Goalkeeper Of Nigerian Descent Gets His First Minutes In Men's Football
- 'Leeds Created Loads Of Chances From It' -Ex-Bournemouth Coach Admits Iwobi Was Targeted
- Osimhen At Risk Of Missing Clash Vs Roma As Napoli Issue Fresh Update
- Barcelona Academy Product Bobby Adekanye Finally Debuts In La Liga
- Super Eagles Hopeful Ejaria Scores, Olise Assists As Reading Return To Winning Ways
- Hoogewerf Scores First Hat-trick For Manchester United Youth Team
- Orlando City's Young Sensation Eligible For Nigeria, USA Targeting National Team Call-Up
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football