Reading's Aluko, Bournemouth's Solanke Find The Net In Six-Goal Thriller; Ejaria AssistsPublished: November 21, 2020
Bournemouth came back from two goals down to beat Reading 4-2 in a Championship clash at the Vitality Stadium on Saturday afternoon, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
Former Chelsea and Liverpool striker Dominic Solanke played the entirety of the game for the Cherries, ex-Flying Eagles midfielder Nnamdi Ofoborh was introduced off the bench in injury time, while Reading duo Ovie Ejaria and Sone Aluko were handed starts.
The Royals went ahead from the spot in the fourth minute before Aluko opened his account for the season two minutes before half-time.
Ejaria skipped past some challenges before sliding the ball for the onrushing Aluko who converted with a low finish.
It looked like Reading were heading for a comfortable result only for the visitors to stage a miraculous comeback in the second half.
Solanke pulled a goal back with a powerful left-footed shot from close range in the 56th minute before Arnaut Danjuma fired in at the near post for 2-2.
The comeback was complete on 77 minutes when Lewis Cook curled an unstoppable shot into the top corner and Bournemouth scored their fourth goal through Solanke in the 89th minute.
In the provisional standings, Bournemouth occupy second position with 23 points and Reading are sixth with 22 points after 12 games.
Photo Credit : readingfc.co.uk
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- West Brom Boss Allardyce Confirms Interest In Super Eagles Captain
- Official : Defender With 150 International Caps Extends Contract With Chelsea
- Everton Hopeful Iwobi Will Be Fit To Face Ndidi's Leicester City On Wednesday
- 'He's Our Diamond' - Paunovic Explains Why Reading Jewel Olise Was Left On Bench Vs Preston
- Walsall's Adebayo Named In League Two TOTW Ahead Of Potential Move To Hearts
- Everton-Linked Striker Zirkzee Drawing Interest From Italian Super Club
- Italian Champions Juventus Keeping Tabs On Fulham's Nigeria-Eligible Center Back
- Teenage Defender Born In Abuja, Orlando City's Dike Among 10 Uncapped Players In USA Squad
- Gattuso Happy Over Osimhen's Return As Napoli Create Club Record In Loss To Verona
- Fulham Coach Singles Out One Nigerian Player For Praise Despite Loss To Burnley
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football