Reading's Aluko, Bournemouth's Solanke Find The Net In Six-Goal Thriller; Ejaria AssistsPublished: November 21, 2020
Bournemouth came back from two goals down to beat Reading 4-2 in a Championship clash at the Vitality Stadium on Saturday afternoon, allnigeriasoccer.com reports.
Former Chelsea and Liverpool striker Dominic Solanke played the entirety of the game for the Cherries, ex-Flying Eagles midfielder Nnamdi Ofoborh was introduced off the bench in injury time, while Reading duo Ovie Ejaria and Sone Aluko were handed starts.
The Royals went ahead from the spot in the fourth minute before Aluko opened his account for the season two minutes before half-time.
Ejaria skipped past some challenges before sliding the ball for the onrushing Aluko who converted with a low finish.
It looked like Reading were heading for a comfortable result only for the visitors to stage a miraculous comeback in the second half.
Solanke pulled a goal back with a powerful left-footed shot from close range in the 56th minute before Arnaut Danjuma fired in at the near post for 2-2.
The comeback was complete on 77 minutes when Lewis Cook curled an unstoppable shot into the top corner and Bournemouth scored their fourth goal through Solanke in the 89th minute.
In the provisional standings, Bournemouth occupy second position with 23 points and Reading are sixth with 22 points after 12 games.
Photo Credit : readingfc.co.uk
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Super Eagles Defender Omeruo Still On The Mend, Omitted From Leganes Matchday Squad
- Snapped : Teenage Nigeria-Eligible Striker Involved In Arsenal Final Workout Pre-Wolves
- Man City's Sodje Takes Season's Tally To Eight League Goals With Brace Vs Sunderland U18s
- Tottenham-Owned Goalkeeper Of Nigerian Descent Gets His First Minutes In Men's Football
- 'Leeds Created Loads Of Chances From It' -Ex-Bournemouth Coach Admits Iwobi Was Targeted
- Osimhen At Risk Of Missing Clash Vs Roma As Napoli Issue Fresh Update
- Barcelona Academy Product Bobby Adekanye Finally Debuts In La Liga
- Super Eagles Hopeful Ejaria Scores, Olise Assists As Reading Return To Winning Ways
- Hoogewerf Scores First Hat-trick For Manchester United Youth Team
- Orlando City's Young Sensation Eligible For Nigeria, USA Targeting National Team Call-Up
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football