Top Rivalries Lined Up Ahead Of European ReturnPublished: February 12, 2021
The top guns in Europe are readying for the return of continental football and it is going to be hectic in the next few weeks.
However, before embarking on their European exploits, domestic action takes precedence this weekend with some top matches around.
In one of the biggest games lined up this weekend, top rivalry will be renewed when Manchester City’s Pep Guardiola takes on Jose Mourinho’s Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League.
City have been in imperious form and this presents a great chance to end their recent slump against Tottenham while at the same time Pep getting one over Mourinho.
Tottenham are on a very poor run and nothing seems to be going their way following their elimination from the FA Cup by Everton in a nine-goal thriller.
On the flipside, City have won each of their last 14 matches and are unbeaten in 22 matches. What a time for Mou to be facing Pep!
The two sides will face off again in April in the League Cup final and this is just a dress rehearsal of the rivalry.
Very few bookmakers are putting money on a shock Spurs win and on SportyTrader, with the rivalry expected to be expressed by the players out there, the football experts predictions are tipping the game to produce at least three goals.
In Italy, four of the teams currently occupying the top seven slots in the league will be facing off in matches that will have a great impact not only on the top four but also on the title race.
After the controversy surrounding their fixture earlier in the season, Napoli and Juventus are set to face off 13th February.
Their October clash was called off after Napoli failed to travel to Turin due to Covid-19 restrictions and a harsh decision saw Juventus awarded a 3-0 win and Napoli slapped with a one-point penalty.
However, they appealed successfully and the game will be played after all.
Napoli have a game in hand and three points outside the top four; that emphasizes how crucial this game is to them.
For Juventus, who also have a game in hand, three points will see them close in on league leaders Milan to just four points. With a seven-game unbeaten run, Juventus are tipped to win this.
Still in Serie A, Internazionale host Lazio with the hosts hoping to leap above Milan at the top while Lazio are looking to rise to third place at the expense of Juventus. In their form this season, Inter are being tipped to carry the day here.
In Germany, league leaders Bayern Munich are away at the Club World Cup in Asia but their lead is not under any threat.
Their seven-point lead could however be cut by Friday as second-placed Leipzig go in the hunt against Augsburg. The biggest match of the weekend there, however, will pit Wolfsburg against Borussia Monchengladbach.
Wolfsburg are enjoying great form and head to the game unbeaten in seven matches, with just one loss in 10. They have just two losses in the last 20 Bundesliga matches.
This game however, is not likely to change the composition of the top three even as Wolfsburg are tipped to win, based on their recent form.
Photo Credit : sscnapoli.it
Football News 24/7
- 'He's a top level player' - Rangers icon understands why Southampton are interested in Nigeria star
- Significant update emerges on future of two Super Eagles stars and Nigeria U23 intl at Watford
- Opinion : Two English clubs that could benefit from signing Chelsea legend Mikel
- 'If we can do that' - 2019 Flying Eagles invitee targets promotion with Sheffield Wednesday
- Nigeria player ratings: Ajibade bright spark; Plumptre blows hot and cold; Oshoala, Chikwelu struggle
- Five observations from Nigeria's Super Falcons defeat to South Africa's Bayana Bayana
- WAFCON Nigeria 1 RSA 2 : Atletico Madrid star nets consolation goal for defending champions
- Celtic or Rangers? Analysis of which club would be a great fit for Super Eagles striker
- Super Eagles winger returns to German Bundesliga club RB Leipzig as planned
- Three reasons Everton may target Super Eagles star after Richarlison's Tottenham move
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football