Ex-Bayern Munich left-back who models his game after David Alaba making waves at SC FreiburgPublished: February 27, 2021
Young Nigerian defender Kimberly Ezekwem has hit a rich vein of form at German club SC Freiburg and will fancy his chances of a first-team breakthrough in the coming months.
A product of the Bayern Munich academy, the left-back departed the Bundesliga champions for SC Frieburg in the summer of 2018 and has continued to climb up the ladder, first playing for the U19s before he was promoted to the reserve team in 2020-2021.
Ezekwem has cited Bayern Munich star David Alaba as his role model, and just like the Austria international he is comfortable being deployed as a central defender.
Indeed, manager Christian Preußer has continued to use him as the left-sided central defender in a 3-4-3 formation this seaosn and he has caught the eye, with an impressive five assists in his last nine matches in the fourth-tier of German football, Regionalliga Südwest.
Ezekwem's versatility means he can also play as a left wing-back and left midfielder.
The 19-year-old was called up to SC Freiburg first team training this week ahead of their Bundesliga clash against Bayer Leverkusen.
He has helped SC Freiburg II to the top of the Regionalliga Südwest standings, starting 18 out of a possible 22 matches in the division.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Shoretire battles Garnacho, Fernandes, 6 others for Manchester United Goal of the Month
- Iwobi's brilliant effort against favourite PL opponents nominated for Fulham Goal of the Month
- Victor Boniface: Juventus target Bundesliga star as possible replacement for Arsenal-linked striker Vlahovic
- Two teenagers of Nigerian descent promoted to Arsenal first team training pre-Wolves
- Dessers struggling to make an impact: Ex-Scotland star insists Rangers must sign a striker in January
- Blow to the jaw: Arsenal-owned goalkeeper Okonkwo to be assessed ahead of Wrexham v Yeovil Town
- Official: Chelsea confirm two talented midfielders have signed new deals
- Nottingham Forest's Goal of the Month award : Aina's first-time finish against Aston Villa nominated
- 101 Gunners goalscorers at the Emirates: Iwobi scored same number of goals as Arsenal legend Henry
- Watch: Gift Orban among four contenders for UEFA Europa Conference League Goal of the Week
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football