Ndidi set to miss Leicester's key games vs Man Utd, Arsenal; doubtful for Eagles in NovemberPublished: October 04, 2021
Speaking after Leicester City's 2-2 draw with Crystal Palace on Sunday, manager Brendan Rodgers provided another update on the hamstring injury suffered by Wilfred Ndidi in a league game against Burnley on September 25.
The Northern Irishman has learned the results of the scan carried out on Ndidi and he has now confirmed that the holding midfielder faces four to five weeks on the sidelines.
Assuming it's more than a month, the Nigeria international will not be at the disposal of Rodgers for two key Premier League fixtures against Manchester United (Oct 16) and Arsenal (Oct 30).
In addition, Ndidi will not be available for selection in two Europa League matches against Spartak Moscow, Brentford in the Premier League and Brighton in the Carabao Cup.
Logically, to avoid any potential injury setback, Leicester City are unlikely to release him to the Nigeria Football Federation for the 2022 World Cup qualifiers against Liberia and Cape Verde as he wouldn't have fully recovered and would be lacking match fitness.
In quotes relayed by LeicestershireLive making reference to BBC Leicester, Rodgers said : "He did it in the (Burnley) game, which was unfortunate. It could be four to five weeks, so we’ll see how that goes."
Injuries have prevented Ndidi from featuring in four matches played by the Super Eagles in the last one year.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Football News 24/7
- Irish-Nigerian teenager in the running for West Ham United Goal of the Month
- N21.8m Debt: Select/Emeks Sports slam Heartland FC with N100m lawsuit
- Two players of Nigerian descent named in latest SPFL Team of the Week
- Balogun has three Leagues in mind ahead of temporary departure from Arsenal
- Super Eagles star to reject new Rangers deal amid interest from Watford, Brentford, Palace
- Versatile Nigerian defender in advanced talks with Tottenham Hotspur over new deal
- Ex-African POTY defends Tuchel over decision not to start Chelsea's record acquisition
- Racing Genk chief backs Super Eagles striker to be a contender for the Golden Shoe
- Nigerian GK details how he joined Colchester after being on the radar of Norwich, AFC Wimbledon
- Iwobi makes cameo as Everton beat Arsenal in dramatic circumstances; Okonkwo benched
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football