Racing Genk identify Super Eagles striker as a replacement for OnuachuPublished: February 02, 2022
Racing Genk have already identified the player to replace Paul Onuachu in the event the 2021 Belgian Golden Shoe winner is sold in the summer transfer window.
Onuachu is being tipped to seal a move when the transfer window opens for business just as was the case during the summer and winter transfers markets.
According to Het Laatste Nieuws via voetbal24, Genk Technical Director Dimitri De Condé says signing a new player may not be necessary at all as they already have a worthy replacement Cyriel Dessers, who was loaned out to Feyenoord in the summer transfer window.
However, it is not cast in stone that the Belgian-born Super Eagles striker will be returning to the Limburgers for next season as his loan move to Feyenoord has an option to buy as part of the deal.
Genk signed one-time Nigerian Federation target Ike Ugbo last summer to provide competition to Onuachu but the Canada international has been loaned out to Troyes with an option to buy at the end of the season.
"If Feyenoord does not execute the option of Cyriel Dessers, then he is more than welcome here again next season," says De Condé.
Dessers has tallied nine goals in 23 appearances for Feyenoord despite his limited game time.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Muscle tear injury: Chelsea midfielder Ugochukwu will not show off to dad at Old Trafford
- 'I've had many African players Yobo and Yakubu' - West Ham boss on being without some players during AFCON
- Tottenham vs West Ham prediction: Can West Ham upset Tottenham's top-four ambitions?
- Fabrizio Romano not convinced Chelsea target Osimhen is close to signing a new deal with Napoli
- Bundesliga transfer expert confirms Nigerian striker will sign a contract with Eintracht Frankfurt until 2028
- 'We're losing a lot of players' - Nottingham Forest boss aware Aina, 5 others could be heading to the AFCON
- Nigerian goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo temporarily returns to parent club Arsenal
- FA Youth Cup: Two players of Nigerian descent on target for Tottenham Hotspur in win against Brentford
- German manager reveals Eintracht Frankfurt offered N17.3b to sign Gift Orban in the summer
- Confirmed team news: Three Super Eagles-eligible players ruled out of Manchester United v Chelsea
Football News 24/7
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football