Aston Villa are reportedly the latest English Premier League club to show an interest in signing Nigeria international Joe Aribo in the summer transfer window.
It is worth noting that Aribo will enter the final twelve months of his contract with Rangers on July 1, 2022 and is not interested in extending his contract, which has alerted Premier League clubs.
The Sun has reported that Aston Villa have joined the chase for Aribo, who worked with current Lions boss Steven Gerrard at Rangers.
The versatile midfielder's form for the Light Blues this season has attracted attention from Brentford and Crystal Palace among others.
Rangers could cash in on the 25-year-old this summer, rather than allowing him to walk away as a free agent at the end of next season.
If Aribo's move to Aston Villa materializes, he could be the ideal midfield partner for Philippe Coutinho, whose loan deal was made permanent earlier this week.
Having said that, the Nigerian has proved his versatility with impressive performances when deployed as a box-to-box midfielder, right winger and false nine.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 2021 Super Eagles invitee ruled out for the season after Patrick Vieira reveal
- League Two playoff semifinal : Koiki strikes; Leicester loanee subbed in; Egbo, Odimayo feature
- Peseiro named new Nigeria coach, subject to Portuguese signing agreed terms; Finidi promoted
- Osimhen must score two goals on final day of the season to trigger goal bonus of N56.2m
- EPL wrap : Etebo subbed in; starts for Eze, Kalu; Iheanacho, Lookman, Ekong, 4 others benched
- 'Casual defending' - 1994 AFCON winner backs referee's decision to award Tottenham a penalty vs Burnley
- 'He's really good' - Watford insider tips Super Eagles striker to leave Hornets this summer
- 'Things you love to see' - Balogun reacts as Mainz fan raises Rangers scarf vs Eintracht Frankfurt
- 'It's time he steps aside'- 2002 World Cupper wants to replace Amaju Pinnick as NFF President
- Three Lions boss Southgate considers giving 2017 Super Eagles invitee first England call-up
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football