Reports linking former Manchester United striker Odion Ighalo with an imminent move to Turkish Super Lig giants Besiktas are wide of the mark.
Allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report that the Nigeria international is certainly not joining Besiktas this summer.
With the summer transfer window now open for business, Ighalo is one of the Nigerian stars whose future will be the subject of speculation after enjoying his best season as a professional in terms of goals scored.
The 33-year-old mustered 28 goals combined for Al Shabab and Al Hilal over the course of the 2021-2022 season, more than any other Nigerian player in the world, and seven more than his international teammates at Racing Genk Cyriel Dessers and Paul Onuachu.
Although several teams have tested the waters regarding the possible capture of Ighalo, the player himself and Al Hilal are not ready to negotiate with any of the striker's suitors.
Besiktas are believed to be in the market for a proven goalscorer as a potential replacement for Cyle Larin who is out of contract at the end of this month, but they have to look elsewhere as Ighalo has opted against a move to the Istanbul side.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'Most African coaches don't respect themselves' - Udeze backs Onana in World Cup row with Song
- Graham Potter promotes German-born Nigerian RB to Chelsea first team training
- Official : Watford loan out teenage striker of Nigerian descent
- Crystal Palace's Nigeria-eligible winger emerges as transfer target for Sheffield Wednesday
- 'Joint top scorer', 'Too good', 'Magnificent' - Nigerian fans hail England's two-goal hero Rashford
- World Cup 2022 : Nigerian fans hail United States match-winner Christian Pulisic
- Okocha impressed with Gakpo's form but highlights Netherlands have not dominated games
- 'Security of the team', Led from the front', 'Just too good today' - Nigerian fans applaud Koulibaly
- 'The finish of a real marksman' - Ex-Nigeria striker praises Senegal defender's goal v Ecuador
- 'Sarr is not Mane' - Okocha reveals it's difficult for Senegal to replace Bayern Munich star
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football