Which team would be Sadiq's best choice between Ajax, Benfica and Villarreal?Published: June 28, 2022
UD Almeria striker Sadiq Umar has been the subject of transfer interest from European clubs like Ajax, Benfica and Villarreal.
The lanky Nigerian striker who notched 18 goals and 12 assists in 36 La-Liga 2 appearances still has three years to run on his contract but his performances have ensured that there is interest in acquiring his services abroad.
However, if a move to the aforementioned clubs is on the cards, allnigeriasoccer.com takes a look at the tactical philosophy of those teams before recommending a move for the Super Eagles star.
Style of play: Umar is superb at holding the ball up and linking up with his teammates, which is why he gets a lot of assists. He is a consistent goalscorer and has good technical abilities in tight spaces.
However, he needs to improve his physical abilities as it makes him a pressing target for opponents who aim to bully him off the ball. For his size, he is also quite weak aerially.
The Eredivisie club has always had one distinguishable identity, "Total football". This term is also known as the Johan Cruyff way and it involves playing domination of the ball on the ground.
It doesn't matter what formation or tactical setup is used, the ideology remains the same.
With Erik ten Hag departing for Manchester United this summer, it is not known what set-up the new manager will settle for, but it is almost 100% certain that the "Total football" idea will be at the forefront.
Nelson Verissimo has been a user of the 4-3-3 attacking set-up. This set-up requires a striker who can run the channels as an outlet, hold up the ball and also quick to make darting runs in behind the last defender.
Unai Emery has always been a flexible coach who tailors his team according to the opposition. However, the basic formation he utilises is the 4-2-3-1 with the striker acting as a secondary creator and finisher.
Allnigeriasoccer.com recommends a move to Ajax due to the footballing identity associated with the club.
Replacing Sébastien Haller who is very much the same stylistic player should be easier for Umar.
However, if a move to Ajax does not materialize, Villarreal would be a good second choice for the Nigerian.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Klopp questions red card shown to Jota for foul on Udogie; Tottenham defender should have been sent off too
- Players with the most flair in Chelsea squad: Chukwuemeka picks Madueke, two others
- 'You're playing against big players' - Tottenham left-back Udogie on his 1v1 duels with Saka and Salah
- History-maker: Southampton loanee Onuachu goes into the record book after third goal for Trabzonspor
- Napoli coach explains why Osimhen was not on penalty duty in win against Lecce
- 2023 Flying Eagles invitee receives first call-up for PL game as Crystal Palace beat Man Utd
- PL2: Shoretire scores as Manchester United bring an end to their winless run
- 'He looks exciting' - Tottenham manager Postecolgou on why Udogie was incorporated into starting XI
- Most expensive player in Bundesliga history: Okocha impressed with Kane's start to life at Bayern
- Arsenal insider suggests Nwaneri is injured after missing back-to-back PL2 games, Brentford clash
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football