EFL championship club Watford faced Sheffield United in their first championship game as the new season kicked off tonight at the Vicarage Road Stadium.
Super Eagles striker Emmanuel Dennis made Watford's first lineup of the season as the game ended in a slim 1-0 victory for the Hornets.
The game started in a frantic fashion with Dennis almost making an instant impact in the 5th minute when he slipped in Ismaila Sarr through the lines but the Senegalese winger was only able to find the side-netting.
Sheffield created their first real chance of the game in the 35th minute but Ndiaye curled his shot straight at Bachmann who saves comfortably.
The Hornets goalkeeper made a 45th minute stop as he tipped Jebbison's effort over the bar.
In the 56th minute, Watford opened the scoring through João Pedro after a flowing counter-attack with Dennis instrumental in the build-up.
The game ended 1-0 in favour of the Hornets as they got off their season to a winning start.
William Troost-Ekong was a non-playing substitute, while Samuel Kalu, Maduka Okoye, Joseph Hungbo, Dapo Mebude and Tom Dele-Bashiru were not picked in the matchday squad.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 2022 FIFA U20 Women's World Cup : Five observations from Nigeria's 1-0 win against France
- U20 WWC Falconets player ratings : Demehin leader, Oyono commanding, Oshobukola technical
- France 0 Nigeria 1 : Sabastine goal earns Falconets late win over The Little Blues
- Official : Burnley newbie Tella allocated shirt number he wore at Southampton
- Arsenal legend references Moses as he backs Ryan Sessegnon to flourish as a wing-back
- Confirmed : Anglo-Spanish-Nigerian midfielder signs new deal with Crystal Palace
- Highly-rated Southampton attacking midfielder confirms move to Chelsea youth team
- The Nigeria star who would be a perfect replacement for Barcelona-bound Chelsea LB Alonso
- Why Southgate's visit to Chelsea Training Ground should be a wake-up call to Nigeria
- Opinion : Super Eagles star is a good replacement for Oxlade-Chamberlain at Liverpool
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football