Nigerian striker Victor Boniface will certainly not be on parade at Ibrox Stadium on Tuesday evening when Belgian Pro League club Royale Union Saint-Gilloise trade tackles with Glasgow Rangers in a UEFA Champions League qualifier.
Last week, the 2000-born player became Union SG's most expensive signing in history when he transferred to the club for a fee of two million euros, ending his association with Bodø/Glimt in the process.
Allnigeriasoccer.com exclusively reported seven days ago that Boniface was ineligible to face Rangers as he is cup-tied having represented Bodø/Glimt in the first and second qualifying rounds, scoring five goals in four appearances.
Union SG have confirmed as much, with the Nigerian omitted from the matchday squad against the Light Blues.
Karel Geraerts, coach of Union SG, named twenty one players in the traveling squad to Glasgow.
Should Les Unionistes earn a place in the group stage of the Champions League, Boniface would be eligible to play for them.
Unfortunately for reasons everyone is aware of, former Flying Eagles midfielder Nnamdi Ofoborh is not available for selection for Giovanni van Bronckhorst's side.
Rangers have a tough challenge to qualify for the playoffs after they were beaten 2-0 in the first leg last week.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigeria beat Turkish giants Galatasaray in friendly ahead of FIFA U17 Women's World Cup
- Nigeria-eligible CB helps Celtic maintain unbeaten home record under Postecoglou
- PL 2 : Dutch-Nigerian winger on target as Arsenal share spoils with Liverpool
- Crystal Palace 1 Chelsea 2 : Two former Nigeria invitees in action but Chukwuemeka misses out
- Southampton 1 Everton 2 : Aribo scores, Iwobi provides another game-winning assist
- Oyedele and Shoretire on target as Manchester United youth teams suffer mixed fortunes
- Nwaneri inspires Arsenal U18s to comeback win over Norwich with goal and assist
- No home debut for Golden Eaglets-eligible midfielder as Arsenal announce squad v Spurs
- Official : 'Quick and aggressive defender' signs new contract with Chelsea
- Snapped : Irish-Nigerian teenager takes part in Celtic's final training session pre-Motherwell
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football