Eze instrumental, Olise makes comeback as Liverpool held to draw by Crystal PalacePublished: August 15, 2022
Patrick Vieira's Crystal Palace travelled to Anfield to face Jürgen Klopp's juggernaut Liverpool team in their second game-week of the new Premier League season. The score ended in a 1-1 draw as both teams took a share of the spoils.
Three Nigeria-eligible youngsters Eberechi Eze, Micheal Olise and Malcolm Ebiowei made Patrick Vieira's travelling squad with only Eze making the starting line-up while Olise and Ebiowei had to settle for a place on the bench as the former made his return from injury.
As expected, the game started with Liverpool trying to control possession and probing for passing lanes while Crystal Palace blocked off all holes in the middle. Eze and Zaha began to combine sweetly with the Anglo-Nigerian clear on goal in the 17th minute but failed to convert, however, it wouldn't have counted as he was later ruled offside.
Both players combined again to score a brilliant counter-attack goal in the 32nd minute with Eze being heavily involved in the build-up after his skill saw him slip a great pass into Zaha's path and the Ivorian duly finished.
The 56th minute saw Liverpool superstar signing Darwin Nunez given his marching orders after his headbutt on Andersen.
Despite being reduced to ten men, Liverpool equalised in the 61st minute courtesy of a magical Luis Diaz strike.
Zaha was then presented a golden chance to put the club ahead in the 75th minute but he volleyed the ball wide.
Eze was substituted for Milivojevic in the 79th minute before Olise made his comeback by replacing Schlupp in the 88th minute.
Despite some quick breaks at the end, the game ended in a draw as Ebiowei remained on the bench.
Photo Credit : cpfc.co.uk
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Klopp questions red card shown to Jota for foul on Udogie; Tottenham defender should have been sent off too
- Players with the most flair in Chelsea squad: Chukwuemeka picks Madueke, two others
- 'You're playing against big players' - Tottenham left-back Udogie on his 1v1 duels with Saka and Salah
- History-maker: Southampton loanee Onuachu goes into the record book after third goal for Trabzonspor
- Napoli coach explains why Osimhen was not on penalty duty in win against Lecce
- 2023 Flying Eagles invitee receives first call-up for PL game as Crystal Palace beat Man Utd
- PL2: Shoretire scores as Manchester United bring an end to their winless run
- 'He looks exciting' - Tottenham manager Postecolgou on why Udogie was incorporated into starting XI
- Most expensive player in Bundesliga history: Okocha impressed with Kane's start to life at Bayern
- Arsenal insider suggests Nwaneri is injured after missing back-to-back PL2 games, Brentford clash
- Football Betting
- Cakhia TV truc tiep
- Socolive TV truc tiep bong da
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football