PL Intl Cup : Flying Eagles-eligible striker scores for Arsenal in 1-1 draw v FeyenoordPublished: September 06, 2022
Flying Eagles-eligible striker Nathan Butler-Oyedeji continued his fine start to the 2022-2023 season with another goal for Arsenal in a 1-1 draw against Dutch opponents Feyenoord in their opening game of the Premier League International Cup at Meadow Park on Tuesday evening.
Apart from Butler-Oyedeji, two other players of Nigerian descent Zach Awe and Joel Ideho were named in Arsenal's development squad starting lineup.
Arsenal had the first real chance to break the deadlock when Awe headed just over the ball following a cross from Henry-Francis in the tenth minute.
Butler-Oyedeji gave the Gunners the lead in the 28th minute when he closed down the goalkeeper before finding the net.
The 19-year-old has now scored in three of the four competitions he has played for the development squad in the new season namely the Premier League 2, Papa John's Trophy and Premier League International Cup.
Ethan Nwaneri, a 15-year-old schoolboy, came off the bench to replace Henry-Francis with fifteen minutes left on the squad, his second appearance for the age group after making his debut last weekend.
Arsenal appeared destined to win the game but Shiloh 't Zand salvaged a point when he struck in the 90th minute.
The Gunners will continue their quest to win the Premier League International Cup when they face Monaco on November 15, before games against Sparta Prague (November 30) and PSV Eindhoven (February 7).
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Confirmed: Most expensive African player in history returns to Arsenal
- Eight things to note on Super Eagles 23-man roster for AFCONQ v Sierra Leone
- Nigeria squad announcement: Arsenal, Man City, Spurs youth products called up for AFCONQ
- L'Equipe indicates Super Eagles vice-captain is surplus to requirements at Nantes
- Victor Boniface yet to start negotiations with any team amid Eintracht Frankfurt, Leipzig links
- 'Many lies were told' - Italian pundit claims Osimhen was not sincere about his Napoli future
- Brentford, Leicester stars named in Super Eagles expanded squad for 2023 AFCONQ
- Central defender of African descent returns to Chelsea
- Opposition watch: Canada include Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd stars in provisional WWC squad
- Super Eagles striker linked with departure from Southampton, drawing interest from 3 clubs
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football