Club Brugge's Super Eagles-eligible striker Antonio Nusa set a new Champions League debut on Tuesday evening.
Fourteen minutes after entering the pitch as a substitute, the Norwegian-Nigerian teenager was on target as the Belgian Pro League champions thrashed Zaidu Sanusi's Porto 4-0 at Estádio Do Dragão.
Nusa put the icing on the cake when he beat the offside trap and slotted the ball past the keeper.
17 - At 17 years and 189 days, Club Brugge's Antonio Nusa is the youngest ever player to score on his #UCL debut. Record.— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) September 13, 2022
According to the statistics at OPTA, Nusa is the youngest ever player to score on his Champions League debut, aged 17 years and 17 years 189 days (149 days, ed).
The only player who was younger than the Norwegian-Nigerian when he netted in the Champions League was Barcelona wonderkid Ansu Fati who was 17 years and 40 days at the time he scored against Inter Milan on December 10, 2019, but he'd played two matches in the competition before visting the San Siro.
The Norway U18 international was a non-playing substitute for Club Brugge in a 1-0 win versus Bayer Leverkusen last week.
Nusa joined Club Brugge in the summer of 2021 and his first goal for the Blue-Black came against Union SG on May 8, 2022.
He is the youngest player of Nigerian descent to feature in the Norwegian top-flight, aged 16 years and 43 days when he made his senior debut for Stabaek against Rosenborg on May 30, 2021.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigeria beat Turkish giants Galatasaray in friendly ahead of FIFA U17 Women's World Cup
- Nigeria-eligible CB helps Celtic maintain unbeaten home record under Postecoglou
- PL 2 : Dutch-Nigerian winger on target as Arsenal share spoils with Liverpool
- Crystal Palace 1 Chelsea 2 : Two former Nigeria invitees in action but Chukwuemeka misses out
- Southampton 1 Everton 2 : Aribo scores, Iwobi provides another game-winning assist
- Oyedele and Shoretire on target as Manchester United youth teams suffer mixed fortunes
- Nwaneri inspires Arsenal U18s to comeback win over Norwich with goal and assist
- No home debut for Golden Eaglets-eligible midfielder as Arsenal announce squad v Spurs
- Official : 'Quick and aggressive defender' signs new contract with Chelsea
- Snapped : Irish-Nigerian teenager takes part in Celtic's final training session pre-Motherwell
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football