Super Eagles striker Ishaq Kayode Rafiu was finally unveiled as a player of Slovenian champions NK Maribor on Tuesday, September 13.
NK Maribor already announced late July that Ishaq had agreed a three-year deal but temporarily halted the paperwork necessary to complete the transfer due to the lack of transparency of the player's agents that brokered the deal taking him to Slovenia.
NK Maribor noted that the transfer took longer than they would have liked, but it went according to plan following his presentation on Tuesday and remote registration.
Ishaq was handed his Super Eagles debut by manager Jose Peseiro as the national team narrowly lost 2-1 to Mexico in an international friendly on May 29, 2022.
Commenting on his move to NK Maribor, Ishaq told the club's official website : "I'm excited to be here. It took a very long time, but I am happy that I became part of NK Maribor.
"I promised myself that I would do everything to show what I can do and help my team."
He added : "I like to score goals, but I also contribute assists. When you pass, your teammate will pass back to you and this is the basic rule of the game.
"I can't wait to play in front of the Maribor fans for the first time. It will be a special moment and I know that everything will be different for me from now on."
Ishaq will start training with his new teammates at NK Maribor on Wednesday, September 14.
The 21-year-old, who last played for Rivers United in his homeland, has been handed the number 31 jersey at Maribor.
Photo Credit : nkmaribor.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Nigeria beat Turkish giants Galatasaray in friendly ahead of FIFA U17 Women's World Cup
- Nigeria-eligible CB helps Celtic maintain unbeaten home record under Postecoglou
- PL 2 : Dutch-Nigerian winger on target as Arsenal share spoils with Liverpool
- Crystal Palace 1 Chelsea 2 : Two former Nigeria invitees in action but Chukwuemeka misses out
- Southampton 1 Everton 2 : Aribo scores, Iwobi provides another game-winning assist
- Oyedele and Shoretire on target as Manchester United youth teams suffer mixed fortunes
- Nwaneri inspires Arsenal U18s to comeback win over Norwich with goal and assist
- No home debut for Golden Eaglets-eligible midfielder as Arsenal announce squad v Spurs
- Official : 'Quick and aggressive defender' signs new contract with Chelsea
- Snapped : Irish-Nigerian teenager takes part in Celtic's final training session pre-Motherwell
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- My Betting Sites Nigeria
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football