Talented England U17 international of Nigerian descent, Ethan Nwaneri will not be making his home debut for Arsenal in the North London derby against Tottenham Hotspur at the Emirates Stadium on Saturday afternoon.
Nwaneri made history in Arsenal's last game before the international break when he made his senior debut against Brentford at the Gtech Community Stadium at the age of 15 years and 181 days.
The Golden Eaglets-eligible midfielder became Arsenal's youngest-ever player and also the youngest player to appear in a top-flight match in English football, beating the previous record held by Sunderland’s Derek Foster in August 1964.
Arsenal have announced their matchday 20 against Tottenham Hotspur and there's no place for Nwaneri.
The Gunners squad have been boosted with the return of Martin Ødegaard and Oleksandr Zinchenko and as a result Nwaneri has not received his second call-up for a first team game.
Nwaneri started for the Gunners in their ongoing game against Norwich City in the U18 Premier League, taking his total appearances for the age group in the league to ten.
Arsenal Starting XI v Tottenham: Ramsdale; White; Saliba; Gabriel; Zinchenko; Partey; Xhaka; Odegaard; Saka; Jesus; Martinelli
Subs: Turner; Tomiyasu; Tierney; Holding; Lokonga; Fabio Vieira; Marquinhos; Nelson; Nketiah
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'More popular than Wizkid', 'Saka for Golden Boot', What a goal' - Nigerians applaud England winger
- World Cup 2022 : Akinfenwa predicts England will beat Senegal 2-1 and Kane will score
- Arsenal boss Arteta takes two Flying Eagles-eligible players to Dubai for training camp
- Opinion : Why Fulham central defender Tosin should choose Nigeria over England
- Two Nigeria-eligible players named in Man Utd travelling squad for training camp in Spain
- Official : Udinese tie down 2013 U17 World Cup-winning striker to new deal
- Leicester City reveal why Super Falcons defender missed 8-0 loss to Chelsea
- Chelsea urged to re-sign 2022 World Cup star of Nigerian descent
- Battle of Lions : Bolton legend Okocha insists Senegal have what it takes to beat England
- Arsenal handed boost in pursuit of African winger
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Nigeria Betting Sites
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football