AFCON winner with Nigeria reacts to Cameroon's opener in 3-3 draw against SerbiaPublished: November 28, 2022
Former Super Eagles striker Efan Ekoku was on commentary duty for the World Cup world feed on Monday during the Cameroon versus Serbia game in the ongoing 2022 FIFA World Cup and believes there was no controversy over the legitimacy of the goal scored by Jean-Charles Castelletto.
The Nantes of France defender scored in the 29th minute at the Al Janoub stadium and Ekoku had the following to say as the Group G tie developed into a goal fest.
"Clever loop at the far post. There's the flick, difficult to say who got on to the end of it.," the 1994 Africa Cup of Nations winner with Nigeria said.
"Look at where the ball bounces perfectly for him. Two touches actually just inside the post. Simple enough. It's been looked at (VAR). The ball's very tight. But I think he got it right."
In one of the thrilling games of the 2022 World Cup, Strahinja Pavlovic, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic and Aleksandar Mitrovic scored to give the Serbians a 3-1 lead after 52 minutes.
The Indomitable Lions didn't give up and bounced back, scoring through Vincent Aboubakar and Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting to level the game.
Cameroon will take on Brazil in their final group game at the Lusail Iconic Stadium, Lusail on Friday, December 2.
Photo Credit : fifa.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Penalty or no penalty? Italy and Inter Milan great Bergomi has his say on incident involving Osimhen
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Chukwuemeka sends message to Colwill as England defender scores first-ever goal for Chelsea
- Boniface ends 518-minute Bundesliga goal drought to help Bayer Leverkusen remain unbeaten
- Udogie features in six-goal thriller between Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur
- Nigerian player scores against Scottish champions Celtic for the second matchday running
- Transfer guru Romano tells Chelsea what to do in order to tempt Napoli to sell Osimhen in January
- 'It was a big moment for me' - Super Eagles striker reacts after first goal in West Brom colours
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football