Nigerian exports : Ighalo continues soaring, Simon's goal not enough, Oshoala at the doublePublished: December 22, 2022
Allnigeriasoccer.com's review of the Nigerian players that found the net for their respective foreign clubs in competitive and friendly matches on Wednesday, December 21, 2022.
At the Stade de La Rabine in Vannes, Nantes were beaten 2-1 by Terem Moffi's Lorient in their last friendly before the restart of the French Ligue 1.
After Lorient opened the scoring in the third minute, 2021 Africa Cup of Nations star Moses Simon equalized for the Canaries with a beautiful curling shot that beat former Arsenal glovesman Vito Mannone, but Aouchiche, with a late goal, secured a win for Lorient.
Fellow Nigeria internationals Terem Moffi and Innocent Bonke were on parade for Lorient., with the latter entering the fray in the 68th minute.
Former Manchester United striker Odion Ighalo is in a rich vein of form, scoring for the third game in a row as Al Hilal thrashed Ettifaq FC 4-0 in a King's Cup match at the Prince Faisal bin Fahd Stadium.
The 2019 Africa Cup of Nations Golden Boot winner opened the floodgates in the 12th minute.
Ighalo has now scored six goals in ten appearances across all competitions in the 2022-2023 campaign.
In the UEFA Women's Champions League, Asisat Oshoala bagged a quickfire brace in the first half as Barcelona thrashed Swedish opponents FC Rosengård 6-0 at Spotify Camp Nou (Barcelona).
The Super Falcon finished off the rebound after Aitana Bonmatí's shot had hit the crossbar in the tenth minute and doubled the advantage with a powerful header five minutes later.
2022 U17 World Cup winner of Nigerian descent Vicky Lopez, 16, made her Champions League bow in the 81st minute, replacing two-goal hero Oshoala.
As previously reported, Taiwo Awoniyi scored Nottingham Forest's third goal as they hammered Blackburn Rovers 4-1 to advance to the quarterfinals of the Carabao Cup.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Confirmed: Most expensive African player in history returns to Arsenal
- Eight things to note on Super Eagles 23-man roster for AFCONQ v Sierra Leone
- Nigeria squad announcement: Arsenal, Man City, Spurs youth products called up for AFCONQ
- L'Equipe indicates Super Eagles vice-captain is surplus to requirements at Nantes
- Victor Boniface yet to start negotiations with any team amid Eintracht Frankfurt, Leipzig links
- 'Many lies were told' - Italian pundit claims Osimhen was not sincere about his Napoli future
- Brentford, Leicester stars named in Super Eagles expanded squad for 2023 AFCONQ
- Central defender of African descent returns to Chelsea
- Opposition watch: Canada include Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd stars in provisional WWC squad
- Super Eagles striker linked with departure from Southampton, drawing interest from 3 clubs
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football