Nigerian exports : Ighalo continues soaring, Simon's goal not enough, Oshoala at the doublePublished: December 22, 2022
Allnigeriasoccer.com's review of the Nigerian players that found the net for their respective foreign clubs in competitive and friendly matches on Wednesday, December 21, 2022.
At the Stade de La Rabine in Vannes, Nantes were beaten 2-1 by Terem Moffi's Lorient in their last friendly before the restart of the French Ligue 1.
After Lorient opened the scoring in the third minute, 2021 Africa Cup of Nations star Moses Simon equalized for the Canaries with a beautiful curling shot that beat former Arsenal glovesman Vito Mannone, but Aouchiche, with a late goal, secured a win for Lorient.
Fellow Nigeria internationals Terem Moffi and Innocent Bonke were on parade for Lorient., with the latter entering the fray in the 68th minute.
Former Manchester United striker Odion Ighalo is in a rich vein of form, scoring for the third game in a row as Al Hilal thrashed Ettifaq FC 4-0 in a King's Cup match at the Prince Faisal bin Fahd Stadium.
The 2019 Africa Cup of Nations Golden Boot winner opened the floodgates in the 12th minute.
Ighalo has now scored six goals in ten appearances across all competitions in the 2022-2023 campaign.
In the UEFA Women's Champions League, Asisat Oshoala bagged a quickfire brace in the first half as Barcelona thrashed Swedish opponents FC Rosengård 6-0 at Spotify Camp Nou (Barcelona).
The Super Falcon finished off the rebound after Aitana Bonmatí's shot had hit the crossbar in the tenth minute and doubled the advantage with a powerful header five minutes later.
2022 U17 World Cup winner of Nigerian descent Vicky Lopez, 16, made her Champions League bow in the 81st minute, replacing two-goal hero Oshoala.
As previously reported, Taiwo Awoniyi scored Nottingham Forest's third goal as they hammered Blackburn Rovers 4-1 to advance to the quarterfinals of the Carabao Cup.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Victor Osimhen alternative: Bayer Leverkusen to demand at least N70b from Chelsea for Super Eagles striker
- Who is Gabrielle Onguene? The free-scoring Cameroon striker that can pose a threat to Super Falcons
- Paris 2024 Olympics qualifiers: Keep an eye on these three Super Falcons players against Cameroon
- Justin Njinmah: Werder Bremen's exciting forward to choose between Nigeria and Germany
- Battle for La Liga U23 POTM: Omorodion faces competition from Man Utd loanee, Barca and Real Madrid stars
- Age debate reignited: Flying Eagles coach Bosso justifies selection of academy boys over NPFL stars
- South Africa GK Williams opens up on what he told Omeruo, Aina, Ekong, Iheanacho before taking spot-kicks
- Porto team news: The likely player to replace Zaidu in starting lineup against Arsenal
- Onyeka credits AFCON for boosting his fitness; shares what Brentford boss told him pre-Man City
- 'Difficult to stop' - Barcelona coach Xavi highlights Osimhen as one of the key players to watch in CL showdown
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football