Arsenal loanee Balogun reacts after scoring on Coupe de France debutPublished: January 21, 2023
Arsenal loanee Folarin Balogun scored on his Coupe de France debut as Stade de Reims thrashed Les Herbiers VF 3-0 at the Stade Massabielle (Les Herbiers) on Saturday evening .
The Hale End Academy graduate was not available for selection in the third round of the competition, a 7-0 hammering of FC Loon-Plage on January 8, because he was recovering from a minor thigh injury.
Thirty seven minutes into Balogun's debut in the Coupe de France, he broke the deadlock by converting a penalty, before second half strikes from Flips and Adeline finished the job.
Balogun played down the significance of the win over Les Herbiers VF, saying it's difficult for teams to win at the home ground of the French Championnat National 2 side.
Writing on Twitter, the on-loan Gunner stated : "Debut in the French cup! A big win in a difficult away ground. And another goal".
Balogun, 21, has now mustered eleven goals from nineteen appearances in all competitions since his loan move to Stade de Reims last summer.
Napoli's Victor Osimhen and Lorient's Terem Moffi with 12 goals each are the only Nigerian players who have scored more goals than Balogun (10) in the top five European Leagues so far this season.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Penalty or no penalty? Italy and Inter Milan great Bergomi has his say on incident involving Osimhen
- Super Eagles-eligible winger joins Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham stars in BBC's PL TOTW
- Gift Orban shows he's more than a goalscorer in Gent's 2-2 draw with Genk
- Fifa U17 World Cup: Germany's Brunner follows in the footsteps of Iheanacho; Ruberto emulates Osimhen
- Chukwuemeka sends message to Colwill as England defender scores first-ever goal for Chelsea
- Boniface ends 518-minute Bundesliga goal drought to help Bayer Leverkusen remain unbeaten
- Udogie features in six-goal thriller between Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur
- Nigerian player scores against Scottish champions Celtic for the second matchday running
- Transfer guru Romano tells Chelsea what to do in order to tempt Napoli to sell Osimhen in January
- 'It was a big moment for me' - Super Eagles striker reacts after first goal in West Brom colours
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football