Stoke City decline move involving 2013 Golden Eaglets inviteePublished: January 30, 2023
Stoke City have reportedly rejected a swap deal from Championship rivals Reading involving 2013 Golden Eaglets invitee Ovie Ejaria and Josh Laurent.
According to Berkshire Live, the Royals had hoped to swap Ejaria for Laurent but Potters boss Alex Neil declined the move.
Reading are still under a transfer embargo and the only way they would have been able to sign Laurent was either on loan or a free transfer and that's the reason they included Ejaria as part of the deal for the 27-year-old.
The Super Eagles hopeful has been out of favour at Reading this season, making just eight appearances in the division, the last of which came against Watford on November 8.
He missed Reading's warm weather training camp in Tenerife during the 2022 World Cup due to a disciplinary issue.
Reading would be happy to let go of Ejaria as he is not in the plans of manager Paul Ince.
The former Arsenal and Liverpool youth teamer had two different loan spells at Reading before joining the club on a permanent deal in 2020.
Photo Credit : readingfc.co.uk
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Napoli coach Walter Mazzarri reveals exactly why Osimhen did not start 4-2 defeat to Real Madrid
- 'He has clearly shown that he is of value' - Ajax coach satisfied with performance of Akpom
- Babayaro's Nigerian record is safe: 16yo midfielder Nwaneri named in Arsenal's matchday squad v Lens
- Official: Nigeria-eligible winger signs new long-term contract with Brentford
- Gianfranco Zola insists Osimhen would be perfect for Real Madrid amid Napoli striker's links with Chelsea
- The truth about Hull City's links with Super Eagles midfielder Fisayo Dele-Bashiru
- Why Super Eagles left-back Jamilu Collins was omitted from Cardiff City's gameday squad v West Brom
- 'Nothing strange' - Peter Rufai expects Super Eagles to correct their flaws ahead of resumption of WCQ
- Richard Olise, once touted as 'Reece James heir', returns to action for Chelsea after more than 21 months out
- APOEL Nicosia chief scout in Lagos for 20-team scouting programme
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football