Scott Parker selects two Nigerians in Club Brugge's provisional matchday squad v BenficaPublished: February 15, 2023
Club Brugge's English football tactician Scott Parker has selected 23 players for his side's UEFA Champions League round of 16, first leg clash against Benfica at Jan Breydelstadion-Bruges, with two Nigerian youngsters part of the group.
Super Eagles midfielder Raphael Onyedika and Antonio Nusa have been named in the provisional matchday squad.
One-cap United States international Owen Otasowie, who has been out of favour since landing at Club Brugge from Wolverhampton Wanderers in 2021, has been left out of the group, though he was registered for the knockout rounds of the Champions League.
Onyedika missed just one match in the group stage, against Bayer Leverkusen on matchday six due to accumulated bookings, while Norway U18 international Nusa has three appearances and one goal to his name.
Aged 17 years and 149 days on matchday two in 2022-2023, Nusa is the second youngest player to score in the Champions League, coming off the bench to find the net in a 4-0 rout of Porto.
Belgian champions Club Brugge have drawn five of their last matches in the Pro League.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- 'Martial is a waste of space' - Ex-Chelsea star urges Man Utd to sign Boniface when 25 percent stake is sold
- Flying Eagles-eligible player among young talents called up to train with Arsenal first team pre-Aston Villa
- To start or not to start against Liverpool? Crystal Palace manager to make late decision on Olise
- Pictured: Man Utd coach promotes two teenagers of Nigerian descent to first team training pre-Bournemouth
- Super Eagles GK crisis: Peseiro lands in South Africa to run the rule over Chippa United star
- Iwobi joins Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool stars in Premier League TOTW for gameweek 15
- 'I don’t have answers to' - Saudi PL chief Emenalo admits he doesn't know why Messi ended up in MLS
- 'Don't focus on the mistakes' - Arsenal Invincible Gilberto Silva gives advice to Nwaneri
- 2023 Flying Eagles invitee battles Tottenham and Man Utd starlets, 5 others for PL2 Player of the Month
- 'Back like I never left' - Fulham centre-back Tosin happy to make first PL start since May 2023
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football