Arsenal loanee Ogungbo registers his first assist as a professional for EFL's Red DevilsPublished: March 26, 2023
Arsenal loanee Mazeed Ogungbo registered his first assist as a professional as Crawley Town defeated Rochdale 2-0 in a League Two clash at the Broadfield Stadium on Saturday evening.
The Republic of Ireland underage international of Nigerian descent is spending the entirety of the season on loan at The Red Devils to get a taste of first-team football.
The 2002-born Ogungbo was available to face Rochdale after missing out on the Ireland U21 squad that contained three Super Eagles-eligible players in the shape of Tayo Adaramola (Crystal Palace), Festy Ebosele (Udinese) and Armstrong Okoflex (West Ham United).
Since the start of March, the versatile defender has become a key part of a Crawley Town side which has picked ten points from a possible twelve in their last four games in the division.
Against Rochdale, Dom Telford gave the home team the lead ten minutes before halftime, assisted by Ogungbo.
Ogungbo fired the ball into the feet of the striker, who held off his marker before slotting past the goalkeeper.
The Irish-Nigerian youngster was in action for 1, 258 minutes spread across twenty two matches in all competitions before recording his first senior assist.
Photo Credit : arsenal.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- L'Equipe indicates Super Eagles vice-captain is surplus to requirements at Nantes
- Victor Boniface yet to start negotiations with any team amid Eintracht Frankfurt, Leipzig links
- 'Many lies were told' - Italian pundit claims Osimhen was not sincere about his Napoli future
- Brentford, Leicester stars named in Super Eagles expanded squad for 2023 AFCONQ
- Central defender of African descent returns to Chelsea
- Opposition watch: Canada include Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd stars in provisional WWC squad
- Super Eagles striker linked with departure from Southampton, drawing interest from 3 clubs
- Ujah, top agent, Cute Abiola to grace Awoniyi's sponsored 'Never Stop Dreaming Cup' final
- Official: Promising Nigerian midfielder signs new contract with Sparta Prague
- Former Watford scout urges Man Utd to sign Osimhen if Kane slips out of their hands
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football