Oshoala scores and assists as Barcelona reach UWCL semifinalsPublished: March 30, 2023
Super Falcons striker Asisat Oshoala scored once and provided an assist in Barcelona Femini's 5-1 romp over AS Roma on Wednesday night as the Spanish giants reached the semifinals of the UEFA Women's Champions League reports All Nigeria Soccer.
Oshoala who is expected to lead the Falcons' attack in their April international friendlies ahead of the 2023 FIFA Women's World Cup in Australia and New Zealand assisted Fridolina Rolfo to grab the first goal of the night in the 11th minute.
Rolfo scored either side of Mapi Leon's stunning curled strike in front of 54,667 joyous fans at the Spotify Nou Camp stadium.
Asisat Oshoala and teammate, Patri Guijarro were on target for the Barcelona's women's side before Annamaria Serturini's low drive gave Roma a consolation goal.
Oshoala scored Barca's fourth just one minute into the second half, when she guided the ball home from Aitana Bonmatí's cross.
Barca will meet Chelsea or defending champions Lyon in the last four.
The win for Barcelona means they will reach their 5th straight Champions League semifinals.
Photo Credit : fcbarcelona.com
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Chelsea ready to break African transfer record for a GK to sign ex-Barcelona star
- Chukwueze and Moffi nominated for Europa Conference League Goal of the Tournament
- Cremonese and Rangers continue to thrash out terms for transfer of Super Eagles striker
- 2023 AFCONQ: Adebayo Adeleye has to prove himself in the absence of suspended Uzoho
- Manu Garba names eight players he groomed who have been called up for AFCONQ v Sierra Leone
- 'Has great prospects' - Manu Garba reveals Super Eagles invitee Nwachukwu is a star of the future
- Official: Lagos-born Man Utd youth product joins Hungarian champions Ferencvaros
- Super Eagles invitee Nwachukwu on target but Bendel Insurance's 21-match unbeaten run ends
- PSG determined to bring back to Ligue 1 at least one between Osimhen and Man City midfielder
- Premier League new boys Luton Town considering transfer swoop for Nigerian striker
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football