SLFL : Rangers new boy Ishaka bags assist but sees red in come-from-behind win v East StirlingshirePublished: April 23, 2023
Rangers new signing Thompson Ishaka was shown a straight red as the Light Blues came from behind to claim a 3-2 victory over East Stirlingshire in the Lowland League at the Falkirk Stadium on Saturday afternoon.
The 2023 Flying Eagles invitee was handed a starting berth for the third game in a row in the division, having previously started against Celtic and University of Stirling FC.
Rangers had a brilliant start to the game with Charlie Lindsay breaking the deadlock inside five minutes after he was picked out by Ishaka.
The Nigerian then got sent off midway through the first half after he got involved in an altercation with Connor Greene.
East Stirlingshire exploited the numerical advantage as Kyle Ewing headed home from close range to restore parity in the 37th minute before Jack Hodge put the hosts ahead three minutes before halftime.
Despite being down to ten men, Rangers were the team on the ascendancy in the second half and mounted a comeback.
Rangers got back on level terms in the 62nd minute when Arron Lyall converted a penalty and he completed the turnaround with fifteen minutes left on the clock when he dispatched another penalty.
The Glasgow club face Caledonian Braves in their final league game of the season on Tuesday, April 25.
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
- Waldrum cites Chelsea v Liverpool as he discusses Super Falcons' showdown with clinical Bayana Bayana side
- Deborah Abiodun reacts: Super Falcons to face Bayana Bayana in final phase of Paris 2024 Olympic qualifiers
- Three uncapped teenagers who could break into Super Eagles squad before 2026 World Cup
- Back in the groove: Rangers striker Cyriel Dessers named Scottish Premiership Player of the Week
- Race for Victor Osimhen: Chelsea concerned about missing out on African POTY
- Kickoff to profit mastering football betting with Tedbet
- 'Didn't give Rashford a kick' - PL all-time top scorer Shearer hails Bassey for pocketing Man Utd striker
- Fulham midfielder Iwobi named in PL TOTW alongside Arsenal and Man City stars
- Who is Sylvester Jasper? The Fulham product observed by Peseiro; insists he's good enough for Super Eagles
- Medical update: Porto's Super Eagles LB Zaidu operated on by Cristiano Ronaldo's most trusted doctor
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football